Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for rough shooting/stalking ground.

looking for rough shooting/stalking ground.

I am looking for some areas of rough shooting, stalking. I am based on the Black Isle and I do have one small farm but would really a little more, purely for getting a roe into the freezer maybe three times a year. I do know a good number of the land owners as I have lived here for 15 yrs but most of the place is sewn up, you know who you are.
    I have been shooting in one form or another since I have been 10 that was 33 yrs ago so I have experience, I also used work on Assynt, Tulchan and Castle Leod and now work for an RFD. I am sure it used to be a lot easier to pick up shooting, anyway if anybody has land they are giving up or no longer require I would like to be considered.
    Its a bit cheeky for a first post I know but as my mother said if you don`t ask then you don`t get, then she said no!

Good on you for asking..you won't get any constructive replies (mine being one), but nothing wrong with asking

welcome to the forum though,,unless you shoot Blaser..

Welcome Gus! I can offer you unlimited grey squirrels in my garden, unless of course they're CIC trophy class in which case it's 300 for a bronze, 400 for silver and 1000 for gold medal squirrels.

LOL..ok I was having a real ****ty day but that one did put a smile on my face!

You laugh, but some of those squirrels have REALLY bushy tails!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Welcome Gus! I can offer you unlimited grey squirrels in my garden, unless of course they're CIC trophy class in which case it's 300 for a bronze, 400 for silver and 1000 for gold medal squirrels.

Not so silly, perhaps. I met people, who were paying 25 a day to walk round woods with an air rifle 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    You laugh, but some of those squirrels have REALLY bushy tails!
    Well if your urban greys are worth 1000's I will ship some corn fed country ones down to you and split the profits 50/50 !!

Thanks Chris, but there's enough fox food in my garden as it is... I need to pick up with you about the forthcoming shooting season actually, although obviously I wouldn't presume to shoot your valuable squirrels.

What calibres your garden cleared for?

At the moment it's just water pistol and small-bore bubble gun shaped like a dolphin.