Got My Shoulder Mount Back

Nice buck, looks like quite an unusual antler shape, did you shoot him from the tower?

Yep...50 yard broadside shot. 100 grains Blackhorn 209 with a .50 caliber 250 grain sabot. He pretty much dropped where he stood so thankfully no tracking job. It was a great hunt.

Not surprising that he dropped on the spot! he was never going far after being hit with that!

we must use the term "hunt" quite differently this side of the pond.

Indeed but unfortunately I will always have a difficult time referring to hunting as "stalking". Sorry folks but unless I lived over there I simply can't do it.

No bullet holes. That's the wall at my local taxidermist's shop. The holes are for pegs he hangs mounts. I put the buck in my 8 year old son's room.

Excellent buck. Must have been during the rut. A whitetail with a rack like that would go never be caught out in the open in daylight. Good for you.

Excellent buck. Must have been during the rut. A whitetail with a rack like that would go never be caught out in the open in daylight. Good for you.

Yep he was trailing a doe that was hot. When she stepped out into the cut corn field she kept looking back at the woods. I knew a buck was trailing.

Back