Which Roesack?

Nick Gordon

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new roesack in time for the start of the bucks in April - ever the optimist - and was looking at the Harkila on the Bushwear website .

Anyone used one of these or have any other recomendations?

Thanks.

Nick

Blue Ikea Bag - £2 each, fold up into your pocket and you can through into the washing machine once done. Can easily hold a buck.

Granted don't look as good as a proper Roe sack but for £2 who cares.

hi nick why are you buying a roe sack ?
i ask this question as i bought mine for the reason that you could carry 2 roe in it and it went on your back so you could carry on stalking
yes it will fit 2 roe but try sticking that on your back and walk with it, with 1 roe it makes you sweat like a pig and thats with out the extra heat of the sun in late april onwards, if you are stalking ground that you start one end and end 2 mile away from your starting point as to say then yes they are good but if like me you only hav a 600-700 yard drag to the nearest track then you may find that the roe sack stays in the car with your flask
stone

Morning Stone,

I did have a piece of ground for roe where the furthest point of the wood was less than 500 yards from the access track.

Now my main stalking ground is a conifer plantation which, at the bottom end, is about 400 feet above sea level but rises to just over the 1000 feet mark over maybe a mile and a half.

The access road runs splits the wood about two thirds of the way up.

If I'm stalking the lower part it can mean a walk of over a mile uphill to get to to the road!

As I'm now well in to my fifties, sit behind a desk most of the week and have an arthritic knee, I'm a bit reluctanct to shoot deer if I know I'm going to have problems getting them back.

My stalking mate did have a quad which he left on the ground but he took it away because he needed it for his red deer ground so I think a roesack is the only option.

Nick

Roe sack

Nick,

I used a army bergan as a roe sack for a bit. you will get one in any army surplus cheap and you can see if it worth the extra for a proper job.

It now stores my extra hunting kit.

I simply cut a slot in the ligament area of the rear leg (same as you would in larder) slide my shooting stick through both legs and drag the buggers to where i can get the jeep into.

Carrying them is a thankless messy task IMHO

[/b]

hi nick
my roe sack came from the sportsman about ten years ago and has a removable liner so you can wash it easier after a succesful day, but for the last five years it has lay in the backroom, but i would seriously now be considering a quad of your own imagine the pain if your knee got worse on a follow up shot and you then had a good hike ahead once you found your spoils and also i was like you on my ground very reluctant to take a shot if it was to far to drag or a big fallow buck so i bought an argo of ebay for when i am by myself so i can now make my own mind up if to shoot or not as retreival is no longer a problem,
plus you are a lot older than me, health first my friend ,wallet second :lol:

Try Rights of Huntley
They make the best Roe sacks and they are issued to the forest rangers with the Forestry Commision if you get a sika sack it will easily take to roe deer.Not cheap admittedly but they are in my view the best their is

SWR said:
Try Rights of Huntley
They make the best Roe sacks and they are issued to the forest rangers with the Forestry Commision if you get a sika sack it will easily take to roe deer.Not cheap admittedly but they are in my view the best their is

Wrights of Huntley are the best with out a doubt.

I've had mine for 15 years. It gets used and abused every week. Had to get the saddler replace one of the pocket buckle straps last year as I some how managed to cut it .

Back