Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting vehicle.

Shooting vehicle.

I'm looking for a vehicle I want to use or convert into a shooting vehicle. Purely for night shooting rabbits and foxes, something quiet small and 4 x 4. So something like a Suzuki perhaps? Just need pointing in the right direction. Won't need to go on the road, just on farm use, so can afford to completely convert.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Vitara short wheel base

Diesel is better than petrol for economy, and if it's confined to the farm RED can be used, short wheel base turns on a pin head and has enough room with the rear seats out for all your needs and if your lucky pick,up an MOT rust bucket and set about it with a disc cutter,

Good at tyres and it will just about show anything else where to go x****ry if your a good driver like me would love an old 413 with the fold down windscreen how good would that be,

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I used to have a Vauxhall Frontera 2.0 Sport which I deeply regret selling. It was perfect for shooting from as the rear roof section was held on by four quick release clips and lifted off easily for shooting from. Plus I never got it stuck in mud or snow.
    I would happily have one again!
    Well worth thinking about if one comes up at the right price!

A fleelander sport with the romovable roof and removable sunroof.
    One for sale in vehicles

I too had a Frontera Sport if you had the right model they were brilliant. Excellent off road and as FB said I would also have one again.

I'm with Bob on this one - I had a Vitara SWB that I bought from Monkeyspanker years ago and it was a brilliant foxing and rabbiting machine.

Mine was the petrol 16v engine and ran so quietly it was like a stealth truck. With the full hi-lo box and a set of budget Kumho MT tyres, it went anywhere I pointed it, plus it was light enough to ride over the really claggy stuff rather than get bogged down in it.

I fitted mine with custom made shooting rests on both doors, stripped out all interior lights, installed a lamp through the roof etc. We ran it for years until it finally succumbed to rust.

Size of the wagon is not a factor for farm use, depends on what type of farm as if it is tied into a scheme then the stubbles are soon ripped up....
    I used to shoot off a diesel wagon with a platform, not good with the engine running on a long fox. yes we turned it off but once the stubbles were turned in and no driving on the margins.
    Cash permitting I would use a V8 Disco Auto on petrol (gas conversation would good but getting the gas would be hard with a wagon off road) soft ride, quiet....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Not sure if you get Daihatsu cars where you are, Daihatsu terrios make an awesome shooting vehicle. But you can't go wrong with a Suzuki Sierra either.

Daihatsu fortrack!
    Kitted mine out got rid of back seat and put a ply table in there to rest guns on and made two brackets on the doors to shoot from.

+1 for a Vitara had 3. 200 set of cheap MT Tyers will go anywhere