Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Windows 10

Just downloaded Windows 10 upgrade, much improved page reloads / site navigation, hope things stay that way.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I just upgraded too.. There seems to be quite a few blank screens on boot up? Or maybe that's just mine

Not just yours, I know of one other.

We just done the same upgrade, and now can't download pics from our camera. Worked fine before. Now having to download onto a different (offline) computer then transfer by flash drive. Bit of a PITA.

win 10 still out as to if its better do like the ask me anything but don't bother she won't make you an egg banjo and a brew already asked

try and download the drivers for the sd card reader boys acer did it when 8.5 came out

Normally get probs with a new system best to wait till all the probs get sorted

mmm just got a windows phone.... cannot get a good gps tracker on it
    like Android.
    Foolishly "upgraded" my computer to windows 10. yesterday
    useful stuff I cannot find and seems clogged up with sports news
    celebrity news and rubbish I don't want.... we will see how it pans out

Quote Originally Posted by badbob View Post
    mmm just got a windows phone.... cannot get a good gps tracker on it
    like Android.
    Foolishly "upgraded" my computer to windows 10. yesterday
    useful stuff I cannot find and seems clogged up with sports news
    celebrity news and rubbish I don't want
    .... we will see how it pans out
    Yes much the same as me.

I like 7 and have it on desktop and work laptop so when I bought a back up laptop which came with 8 as the OS it was a "surprise".
    Not easy to get on with but I persevered and by deleting quite a bit got something that was workable.

Based on what has been written I had hoped that 10 would be a return to something more to my liking- but it ain't and after just 20 minutes of trying to make sense of it I hit RESTORE and will continue with the previous Windows 8 OS

Quote Originally Posted by badbob View Post
    clogged up with sports news
    celebrity news and rubbish I don't want....
    Glad to find I'm not the only one who's pee'd off about being bombarded with a load of crap I never asked for. This assumption that I want to know the latest celeb scandal and match results drives me nuts. Mobile phones and other devices are pre-loaded on this basis, and you don't seem to be able to get rid of it.

classic shell still works with windows 10, lets you have the interface you are used too, but keeps the improvements under the hood.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."