Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixed power scope with thin reticule

Fixed power scope with thin reticule

As above, is there such a thing, sold my Schmidt because I couldn't get on with the thick reticule. Is the swaro any better?

thanks

Most of the makes have a plethora of Ret's to choose from.

For example
    http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...nder+reticles/

For the most part you should be able to get what you want, it may mean a bit of a wait.
    In the worst case, most top brands can swap a ret for a fee.

I cant' get on with fence post reticles either but it is a balance, thin rets do get lost in low light on dark things...

I have a Swaro PVS so not the current model and its good. Most Ziess are also good, I have a couple of Ziess variables with their Plex reticule. Far from cutting edge these days, I have owned one since 1992, it went of of production in 1994 but excellent scopes.

Go for a very thin ret and you will struggle to see it in low light unless illuminated.

A

Swaro's are thin, so will probaly suit you. I prefer the thicker reticle so schmidt scopes suit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach2986 View Post
    Swaro's are thin, so will probaly suit you. I prefer the thicker reticle so schmidt scopes suit me.
    And me, especially when it gets really dark.
    Cheers
    Richard

I just find it to thick especially when foxing or under the lamp, I like the magnification but just prefer a thinner plex

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    I just find it to thick especially when foxing or under the lamp, I like the magnification but just prefer a thinner plex

thanks
    Maybe you should go 'illuminated' ? That would probably help my eyes too..!!!
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post

thanks
    Ah, right, i can understand that.
    I was posting in relation to deer stalking, and in fact an example last winter, we had about 5 mins of legal light left and the fallow came out, i was using my S&B 8X56, my friend was using a very nice variable Swaro with a 50mm objective and fine reticules, i said he could shoot first, he declined because he could barely make out the deer, i did the business.
    But, when i was taking out clients in the past a chap had a Swaro with an illuminated reticule, result was a downed red hind.
    Very impressed with that scope.
    Cheers
    Richard

the Duplex Recticle is a good compromise and an excellent choice for fixed power hunting scopes.
    Have a look at fixed power Sightron scopes, who offers this reticule.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

There are scopes with fine duplex or fine 4A, which have reticles only covering 1/4 inch at 100 yards, but thicker duplex or 3,6,9 o'clock bars on the 4A. The ones with a narrow gap between the thick bars get on target very quickly, while the thin crosshair enables precision shooting at long range. Examples are some of the older Zeiss scopes, the Nikon and Bushnell 30mm tube scopes with 4A reticles, and some variables like the EA Brown 97D.

A 4x with a fine etched crosshair and mil dots is good in low light, too, like the Swift Sport HD.