Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oxidisation

Oxidisation

Hi, I reload but my cases all oxidise very quickly. Is there a way to keep them shiny. Why do factory loads stay shiny ? Info great fully reduced, thanks.

Ff

what are you cleaning them with ?

vinegar, water and washing up liquid ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    sea clean to clean in

rinse with water

place in a pre heated oven for 10 mins.

job done.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    With vinegar it carries on working. You must rinse in water with a bit of Bicarbonate of Soda or similar to kill the acid.

If you use warm Citric acid instead of the vinegar the subsequent staining does not happen so much. If the citric acid is warm then it works at about the same speed as vinegar. You should still neutralise the acid with an alkaline rinse though.

Alan

That will be why its the acidic vinegar doh , as others have said wash and dry them I use the lyman stuff now as I have spent more on faffing around trying to make my home brew , I also only use distilled water 1:99 a gal ,I have an old electric kettle that I boil more distilled water and drop the clean cases in to wash anything off then I made a pin board just 100 pins in a bit of 6x1 to stand them down side on to let them dry ,I also but its just me ? air blow them off to force any water out but I have a air compressor so I can lol I also place paper towel over the pins just to soak up any water that runs out .

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    That will be why its the acidic vinegar doh , as others have said wash and dry them I use the lyman stuff now as I have spent more on faffing around trying to make my home brew , I also only use distilled water 1:99 a gal ,I have an old electric kettle that I boil more distilled water and drop the clean cases in to wash anything off then I made a pin board just 100 pins in a bit of 6x1 to stand them down side on to let them dry ,I also but its just me ? air blow them off to force any water out but I have a air compressor so I can lol I also place paper towel over the pins just to soak up any water that runs out .
    Hi Big Man

hope you and the family are well ?

I have a old salad spinner that I use, I can get 50 20 tac and about 40 6br in it, rinse and spin and then in the oven on a clean tray or they will collect the dirt from the try ?

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

hi Bob yeh were fine she won't let me use the oven as the last time I use the dishwasher to clean a Glock 17 it made it a tad smelly from tri-lube oil
    I had the knee done again to give more bend Attachment 60036 Attachment 60037lot better now but then again its been 6 ops two replacement joints so it should be

atvb
    mty hope your alls well your end boss

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    hi Bob yeh were fine she won't let me use the oven as the last time I use the dishwasher to clean a Glock 17 it made it a tad smelly from tri-lube oil
    I had the knee done again to give more bend Attachment 60036 Attachment 60037lot better now but then again its been 6 ops two replacement joints so it should be

atvb
    mty hope your alls well your end boss
    ruddy ell mate 6 ops. it only took one to mess mine up

I was in yesterday

hematoma in the new knee and the new knee cap is about 1" off the joint because of the hematoma, now on injections every day and more physiotherapy to try and stop the muscle wastage, but hay im still mobile.

bob.