Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cz or weihrauch in .22 hornet

cz or weihrauch in .22 hornet

just out of interest chaps what would you go for in a .22 hornet the cz or the weihrauch im slowly saving up for one but i cant decide which to go for i think im almost set on the cz but what do those in the know think

Weihrauch every time - a friend has one (Jagd Match) set up with NV for foxing and it is superb. I will be putting in a variation in September to get the 66 production version, although the 60 hog back is equally nice to handle.

You really can't go wrong with a Weihrauch - out of the box the action is one of the best of any rifle and the residual value will always be there should you ever (not likely) come to part with it
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Ive had both (well a brno fox) and i would say hands down go the Weirauch

Weihrauch, no doubt about it.

I'll cast the dissenting vote. CZ American. I've shot half a dozen of them and loaded for four of them. I've never shot a more accurate Hornet. I've never owned a Weihrauch and it may be the best thing since sliced bread, but when you shoot a half dozen rifles of the same make, same caliber, and use the same load -and they all shoot half MOA- it's worth looking at. Not as pretty as some, but tough as nails. Front locking lugs, Mauser claw extractor and very accurate. I traded off my Anny Hornet to buy the CZ and I use it hard. I took a bucket load of prairiedogs with mine this week out to 300 yards.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I'll cast the dissenting vote. CZ American. I've shot half a dozen of them and loaded for four of them. I've never shot a more accurate Hornet. I've never owned a Weihrauch and it may be the best thing since sliced bread, but when you shoot a half dozen rifles of the same make, same caliber, and use the same load -and they all shoot half MOA- it's worth looking at. Not as pretty as some, but tough as nails. Front locking lugs, Mauser claw extractor and very accurate. I traded off my Anny Hornet to buy the CZ and I use it hard. I took a bucket load of prairiedogs with mine this week out to 300 yards.~Muir
    +1 - and there are pictures to prove it - not my first choice as stated but the American is a very good rifle also and a lot less money. Regardless, the cartridge is an excellent varmint round

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I have a Weihrauch HW66 (jagd match) in .22 Hornet and really like it its very well made and shoots spot on saying that i would not hesitate in having a CZ i think its a case of you pays your money and takes your choice i dont think you will be disappointed with either to be honest.

I didn't want either of the above, it was my first CF and wanted larger calibers from the same manufacturer to follow, so after much deliberation I went Ruger and boy was that a path of frustration which took 18 months to sort finally resolved in the hands of David Muir of DMC custom cartridges, now although it's setup as my NV rifle I would put it up against any of the above (it aint for sale) as it shoots a dream as do my other Ruger calibers.

good luck, I see you are in Wiltshire? I'm in Woolstone, Oxon, so close, you are more than welcome to shoot it.
    Out of the two above out of the box shooters I would go CZ purely because it looks as a field rifle should the W looks target, but what do I know...
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

thank you all to have replyied now mt head is really spinning out of intrest tho what sort of groupings are the weihrach owners getting from there rifles

Sub 1" @100m with factory - better with home loads

Ctrl-Alt FACT