Thread: 14 gun cabinet wanted

14 gun cabinet wanted

I'm after a new cabinet any one have one for sale thx Steve

SD Regular
    Just a tip from when I used to deal in such things. TWO eight gun or ten gun cabinets, bolted side by side, are more practical that one cabinet on its own in those sort of quantities of gun holdings. It is also more secure as the door will be narrower plus levering one cabinet of a wall is not easy when it is bolted by means of a back bar behind to its neighbour cabinet.

pm replied to. Plenty in stock.

Malmo guns had some secondhand large gun safes a while back

Quote Originally Posted by 243ack View Post
    pm replied to. Plenty in stock.
    how much? im looking for a 14-18 gun cabinet

We do these: 16-gun cabinet

For the money they are very good, but you'll need to remove the middle shelf to fully exploit the space. If it's all scoped rifles you want to store then I'd say get something else, but these will manage 8 or so of those and then other stuff carefully put in between. There's also a couple of shelves above for accessories or muzzle loading pistols if you have those and there is a rack on the back of the door which can store things like LBRs/LBPs and whatever else you can fit in there.

I find all descriptions of gun cabinets to be a bit optimistic on the available space, however this model is at least versatile. I'd say maybe ten rifles/shotguns down below and stashing space for another 4-5 if they are small (as above) or take-down models.

Jon

Last edited by JDR; 11-08-2015 at 13:37.
    JDR GUNS LTD - jdrguns.com
    RFD no: 36/2511
    Find us on Facebookand Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    how much? im looking for a 14-18 gun cabinet
    400 for new Buffalo River Gold Line 14gun (digital) latest model. Collected

If you've actually got 14 guns to store, buy an 18 gun cabinet. My own 14 gun is very crowded; to the point where you almost can't get a scoped rifle out without knocking or scraping summat else.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    We do these: 16-gun cabinet

For the money they are very good, but you'll need to remove the middle shelf to fully exploit the space. If it's all scoped rifles you want to store then I'd say get something else, but these will manage 8 or so of those and then other stuff carefully put in between. There's also a couple of shelves above for accessories or muzzle loading pistols if you have those and there is a rack on the back of the door which can store things like LBRs/LBPs and whatever else you can fit in there.

I find all descriptions of gun cabinets to be a bit optimistic on the available space, however this model is at least versatile. I'd say maybe ten rifles/shotguns down below and stashing space for another 4-5 if they are small (as above) or take-down models.

Jon

Do you have these in stock, as Diss isn't to far away from me and could collect

Quote Originally Posted by 243ack View Post
    400 for new Buffalo River Gold Line 14gun (digital) latest model. Collected
    do you do any bigger? also how much delivery?