Thread: Cow in Asda

Cow in Asda

So it is OK for a cow to be paraded around ASDA, but if one wandered onto a school playing field then armed plods would herd the chillun into school and close off the road at either end to allow their "marksman" to destroy the beast, in the interest, allegedly, of public safety.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-33840815

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/lo...-field-3715891

August 2009

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2...ng-from-field/

March 2011

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/387...primary-school

March 2013

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-marksman.html

May 2015

It is a wonder Brian May has not launched a campaign to save the cow.

We begin to wonder if it is not the supermarkets that are destroying the dairy industry but rampaging armed plod and their "marksmen".

Forget the SWAT moniker, I think these squads ought to be known as the "Cow Killers".

Having been involved with the shooting of a cow for public safety, I can say the police take every opportunity to not shoot, and take advice from livestock owners before shooting the animal.

Can't admin start a new section for the regular anti police posters to get to get together and slag off the old bill somewhere the rest of us don't have to get drawn into their usual vitriol.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Can't admin start a new section for the regular anti police posters to get to get together and slag off the old bill somewhere the rest of us don't have to get drawn into their usual vitriol.
    Good idea !
    Using four poorly detailed reports, from a six year period, for propaganda to illustrate ' rampaging armed plod', is indeed scraping the barrel.

I fully support British Farmers taking a leaf out of the French Farmers handbook and standing up for their own industry. When I did my Agriculture Degree (or the colouring in course as all the other students referred to it) in the late 1980's early 1990's there was nothing about marketing, or bringing things direct to the public etc - it was all about producing as much as you could for as little as possible.

Nowadays farmers are producers of food not the raw materials, and increasingly the supermarkets are being by passed. If the supermarkets want to give their customers what the customers want, then they had better start taking notice and providing their producers with enough not just to live on, but also to thrive, prosper and reinvest for the future. And if that means running a dairy in their supermarket then what a good idea on the part of the farmer. They should take some milking stools along and give all the customers the chance to milk their own milk. And its brilliant because lots of kids will see where their food comes from. Gives a new meaning to a Cappacinno - nothing beats song coffee, with frothy milk straight from the teat!!

I support and understand why and have a farming pal who is about to sell up due to the lack of income he works for less each year , we all should only buy English meats etc and not that frozen muck ! but this was silly and if not stupid to put a cow in that environment ? have none of the farmers never had a skiing lesson from a cow ?let alone being dragged around a field but what if on a tiled floor and the implications of one going down and having to be knocked over due to its injury's ?? I would have been pissed if it were my store let alone the mess and health concerns from the crap should it let it flow ??? no problems with the efforts being done and glad they are doing what the frogs have been doing for years but what a cunning mad stunt

SD Regular
    Can't admin start a new section for the regular anti police posters to get to get together and slag off the old bill somewhere the rest of us don't have to get drawn into their usual vitriol
    I agree. Why just the other day I was walking along the street when a policeman passed me and didn't even say hello. How rude! Mind you he was going past at 50mph with his blues and twos and in the other direction...
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 11-08-2015 at 09:09.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    +1 Boring and pathetic
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...