Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: police

police

just wondering what the police are like in other areas around the country with deer poaching? around here it seems like they dont want to know, i have never heard of anyone ever getting nicked for it ever.every night of the week there is someone out around this way lamping deer.last night we saw 4 reds in a field off the side of the road, tonight we came past the same field and there were 10 in the same spot, as we drove a mile up the road a 4x4 with 4 blokes in with a lamp on the roof came towards us heading in the direction we had just come from.i doubt there will be at least 1 less by the time i have finished typing this out.it just pi""""es me off come on staffs police do something about it.

A,up Andy..

Theyre pretty hot on poachers here in Poole and out to the Purbecks..

The chopper is out regularly and ive been told there is a dedicated number of vehicles determined to try and stamp it out..

The chopper guided the Police in recently on an estate near me and two fellas were taken into custody..

ATB and catch up soon fella

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Did you report your suspicions tonight to the police?

Quote Originally Posted by purdeydog View Post
    Did you report your suspicions tonight to the police?
    i would like to think so.....along with the reg
    as that is the only way apparently..!!!!!!!!!!

Probably nothing would be my guess. Different agencies use different terms for the same position for whatever reasons they like.

When I first went to work at a large PD in OH, we had Captains but when a new Chief came in, he decided to change it to Commander.

Same pay, same jobs, just a different title (and alot of money out of taxpayers pockets to pay for all the things that had to be printed/made to accommodate those changes ~ it's called ego trip IMHO).

In Cumbria we have a full-time Wildlife Crime Officer now.
    He was at our Red Deer Group meeting on Monday.

HWH.

I would rather that the police would spend money chasing criminals than a few poachers catching a few deer. The use of the helicopter and dedicated police team must cost thousands for a few easy convictions.
    The Government want to invest in a deer contraceptive because of the amount of Deer around and on the other hand spending thousands to catch a few poachers.
    I like stalking and seeing deer but all this thread sounds of someone complaining of people playing in their sandpit. I know I will get alot of complaints on this but really it's back to the days of royalty and deer, what's mine is mine.

With the amount of Deer shot by the FC and their known reputation, they would be more of a threat to peoples stalking than a few poachers.

richie poachers are criminals very often have records as long as your arm,others use poaching as a cover whilst checking out areas to raid in linconshire Tractors are being stolen to order.
    anyway taking of deer is theft a roe is worth £50ish at game dealers plus loss of income to stalker £60 per stalk trophy fee £100 stalking lease £? do I need to go on
    all poaching needs to be reported if it is not on police call log it does not exsist so police do not get funding for it.even if police do not come out FOR EVIL TO FLURISH GOOD MEN NEED TO DO NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    richie poachers are criminals very often have records as long as your arm,others use poaching as a cover whilst checking out areas to raid in linconshire Tractors are being stolen to order.
    anyway taking of deer is theft a roe is worth £50ish at game dealers plus loss of income to stalker £60 per stalk trophy fee £100 stalking lease £? do I need to go on
    all poaching needs to be reported if it is not on police call log it does not exsist so police do not get funding for it.even if police do not come out FOR EVIL TO FLURISH GOOD MEN NEED TO DO NOTHING.
    +1 Roedeered..

Totally disagree Richie..

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...