Thread: Hi/Seat shadow

Hi/Seat shadow

We've got a nice new swivel high seat on the estate I shoot. This was taken yesterday (Sunday) at sun-up.

Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    We've got a nice new swivel high seat on the estate I shoot. This was taken yesterday (Sunday) at sun-up.
    Do you not have anything to break up your silhouette ?

Shape; Shine; Shadow; Silhouette; Surface; Spacing and Movement

I'm thinking you want to avoid them if possible.

Looks though it might be tall enough for most things though, how moveable is it?

dont you feel vulnerable in it tho i sat in one like that and im not one for heights but with having no rail around you is a bit offputting ,,,i was concentrating too much on staying stuck to it,!!!atb doug,
    DONT START

The seat has sides and a gun rail so you would have to be pretty clumsy to fall out. The legs are pegged into the ground and believe it or not it's only about 12ft high to the base.
    the pic was taken on my I phone.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    Do you not have anything to break up your silhouette ?
    there is a camo umbrella which clips behind the seat, I felt like a Pratt taking it...Maybe next time.
    the land drops away all around it so the deer would be looking up at quite an angle.
    The first time of being used resulted in two Munties within 1/2hr.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    The seat has sides and a gun rail so you would have to be pretty clumsy to fall out. The legs are pegged into the ground and believe it or not it's only about 12ft high to the base.
    the pic was taken on my I phone.
    Steve
    Cheers it musn,t be the same type the one i tried had a cracking swivel chair and once you where in you had to pull the rail over your head god it was scary with no side rails and clinging to the rifle like a baby orang utan on its mothers back!!!
    DONT START

A few years back, Arran beat K had a brand spanking new one on it, great for all round obs, a little pressure from your foot & you were rotating gently, just enough friction to stop any unwanted movement.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

A few years ago I considered buying one for siting at a crossroads of rides. They certainly do give a very good all round field of view and rotate easily as finnbear said.
    Despite the one I tried being properly erected and pegged, I felt very exposed and the height of twelve feet made me feel nervous, so I abandoned the idea.
    Nothing wrong with the high seat, just not right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Norm View Post
    A few years ago I considered buying one for siting at a crossroads of rides. They certainly do give a very good all round field of view and rotate easily as finnbear said.
    Despite the one I tried being properly erected and pegged, I felt very exposed and the height of twelve feet made me feel nervous, so I abandoned the idea.
    Nothing wrong with the high seat, just not right for me.
    Yes must admit doesn't feel as cosy as a lean to nicely tucked in,or a high shed.
    This is pretty much on the edge of a crossway so got some great vantage points.
    Steve