Power, velocity, and blast

Southern

S&W cannon ..er..sw500-speedloader.jpg revolver with speed loader. 510-gr cast bullets over 4227.
If you need a speed loader for this, you are in trouble.

Looks like a great revolver.
Before 1997 I used to have two Dan Wesson's - a .357Maximum & .445 Supermag....nice guns with stacks of power & great for long range revolver shooting. Friends enjoyed .454 Cassul and centre Contenders...those days are gone due to the law change in 1997 & our pistols & revolvers were handed in.
Banning our handguns following media and public outcry after two big shooting incidents in the UK didn't stop this kind of thing happening. It's happened since with clowns using rifles and other weapons.
Nuts really, but that's our politicians and media for you. If one owns firearms here...we're on the 'dark' side!

I did find it mildly ironic that, whilst working in an off licence as a student in 2001 (post handgun ban), the robbers who held the store up on Sunday night while I was working alone had a handgun.

Clearly the ban worked a treat! :doh:

lol loved my 4" Horton 44mag but the DE 50 was my play toy and 38 super and 9x25 uspsa /ukpsa was my passion :cry: yeh up 40% that ban really worked lost my trade and sport in one draconian law :doh:

lol loved my 4" Horton 44mag but the DE 50 was my play toy and 38 super and 9x25 uspsa /ukpsa was my passion :cry: yeh up 40% that ban really worked lost my trade and sport in one draconian law :doh:

i was more mundane than you lot with a glock 17 and a smith 686! Was damn good fun though, never did shoot the 50 DE but dabbled a bit with the 44 version. 18 years on and the ban still makes no sense!

Sadly the only handgun I got to own was a Gat gun. Very versatile though. It would fire pellets, those darts with flights on the back and corks. It was unerring in it's accuracy. Without fail, every single time, it would be guaranteed to never hit the same place twice however close you were to it.

;)

i was more mundane than you lot with a glock 17 and a smith 686! Was damn good fun though, never did shoot the 50 DE but dabbled a bit with the 44 version. 18 years on and the ban still makes no sense!

Me to , 6" 686 and a glock 17 , plus a 8" mod 29 44mag a mk4 wobbly and a buck mark , I've still got the hand in paperwork and receipts !

I, like many others I suspect still have my Gat. Take it out in the garden occasionally and shoot at things. Like Pedro said it never hits anything you aim at but it does take you back.

I also many years ago had a Colt 45 automatic I've no idea what model and a Star 22 pistol, I seem to remember that was a nice little auto.

Last edited:
ahh 1911 is also in my top 4 frames to build a pistol on, you could get them to run so slick in most cals, 9x19 I loved built as pinmasters for steel master comps ran like a steam train on full chat in the right hands ,but then again I did have a work shop full of frames slides and barrels etc to play with , :D

Glad you fellows enjoyed this small-for-caliber revolver.
I will have to take some photos of friends' Thompson .30-30 and Magnum Research single shot 7mm-08.

.38 Super! Thanks for the memory. Colt Combat Commander in steel - my all-time favorite carry gun. Surprised an would-be car jacker who went for me with only an pocketknife. I think humans may be hard-wired now to obey the sight of a 1911 or the sound of a pump shotgun, at the first encounter.

Back