Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London, England....where gun control protects us...

SD Regular

London, England....where gun control protects us...

I knew this man. They told me this last week when I called in a his cafe...

Where I used to take breakfast at (near to St Pancras Rail Station in London where the Eurostar trains depart daily for France and Belgium) in between changing trains.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-10384352.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...e-London-bakery.html

Oh, and FWIW, the ambulance his family tell me too ONE HOUR to arrive...

London, England....where gun control protects us...
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 11-08-2015 at 12:29.

Thats terrible! I'd not read this story previously, those poor folks! Hope the woman makes a speedy recovery, and prayers to the mans family!

All gun control means is that the crooks can have them and everyone else cant. Clearly its made no difference to crime in London which seems to be worse than ever.

And life is cheap too - Even though they've caught the perpetrators, what are they actually going to get? I'd guess at an initial tough sentence because its headline news which gradually gets reduced so they end up serving no more than 10 years and probably in some fairly cushty prison which has Sky TV!

Whereas it should actually be a short drop followed by a sudden stop.

Quote Originally Posted by stubear View Post
    Thats terrible! I'd not read this story previously, those poor folks! Hope the woman makes a speedy recovery, and prayers to the mans family!

All gun control means is that the crooks can have them and everyone else cant. Clearly its made no difference to crime in London which seems to be worse than ever.

And life is cheap too - Even though they've caught the perpetrators, what are they actually going to get? I'd guess at an initial tough sentence because its headline news which gradually gets reduced so they end up serving no more than 10 years and probably in some fairly cushty prison which has Sky TV!

Whereas it should actually be a short drop followed by a sudden stop.
    No chance of that the bloody do gooders would scream it violates they're human rights. Human rights my ass what about the poor bloke sat minding his own business he had rights too!

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    No chance of that the bloody do gooders would scream it violates they're human rights. Human rights my ass what about the poor bloke sat minding his own business he had rights too!
    Spot on mate...
    It's a disgrace that the punishments no longer fit the crimes...
    Those responsible should hang and I'm all for bringing it back..
    Tragic for the loved ones and families who are innocent in all this..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

They should declare open season on them and terrorists, see how they like it when they get beheaded in the streets.

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Yes this is a tragedy for the innocent victims.

I think the point to note is that the Draconian Gun legislation
    hinders and restricts only the law abiding hunters and shooters.

It is obviously completely ignored and irrelevant to the criminal gangs and hoodlums.

Hopefully the arrests will lead to convictions

My message is...ease off the mounting red tape and restrictions we have to face for sporting use
    Get tough on criminal possession and use of firearms.

Escalating gun violence - semiautomatic weapon used. Time the police did a better job protecting the public from illegal arms in criminal hands than trying to trip up and overcharge legal gun owners. Where are the statistics we should be gathering about numbers of illegal guns ? How many semiautomatic weapons and handguns are on the streets ? Perhaps it isnt in the interests of police to explain the scale of illegal weapons and how often they are used - far better to suggest that legally held weapons might fall into the hands of terrorists so call on a special hotline.

Gun owners need someone to make a case on their behalf and stand firm in the face of blatant advertising to save face by the police - I am sure Andy Marsh knows the answer to both of the above questions - has anyone asked him?

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Escalating gun violence - semiautomatic weapon used. Time the police did a better job protecting the public from illegal arms in criminal hands than trying to trip up and overcharge legal gun owners. Where are the statistics we should be gathering about numbers of illegal guns ? How many semiautomatic weapons and handguns are on the streets ? Perhaps it isnt in the interests of police to explain the scale of illegal weapons and how often they are used - far better to suggest that legally held weapons might fall into the hands of terrorists so call on a special hotline.

Gun owners need someone to make a case on their behalf and stand firm in the face of blatant advertising to save face by the police - I am sure Andy Marsh knows the answer to both of the above questions - has anyone asked him?
    Good thing they banned semi-automatic guns years ago eh

Gun organisations should be advertising these facts, TV advert stating how many guns used to commit crimes last year, then figures showing how many were legally held. Be good publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post

Gun organisations should be advertising these facts, TV advert stating how many guns used to commit crimes last year, then figures showing how many were legally held. Be good publicity.
    I've asked questions before about the lack of TV adverts for shooting related events/products. Aparently the broadcasting code of practice specifically barrs the advertising of any shooting related product or event. The only partial exception to this is if a "countryside" event is advertised which happens to include a shooting event; even then the shooting part is to receive no specific mention.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    yes, apparently the ban was only for legally held firearms, so the criminals didn't get that memo...