Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please - Need a replacement lock for my snugtop

Help Please - Need a replacement lock for my snugtop

Hi all,

I have a Snug top on my Hilux with no keys , wondered if anyone had any ideas how to source a replacement. I have called Snugtop UK who want over £100 for this tiny lock so i'm reluctant to pay that!
    I also bought a garage door look and tried to use this but the holes in the glass are a different width...

Anyone have any ideas please?

Cheers
    Dom

Scrap yard, see if they have one with the keys. Or take the lock to a decent locksmith and ask if they can cut keys to fit it.

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

I had the same problem but with my navara, I found something similar on e bay. I had to cut the bolts to suit but it worked, I phoned the supplier to make sure that the bolt centres for the holes were near enough. My holes weren't in the glass though mate, a 6mm drill bit did the job to make the holes a bit bigger and with a bit of jiggery-pokery it worked, leer snug tops don't supply to the UK but there is a few suppliers,

google is your friend, mine costed £25 with the keys so I changed both of them,

atb

kjf

+1 more
    I got mine from :HardtopsUK Ltd. Unit 3, Bridgemead Close, Westmead Ind. Est., Swindon, Wiltshire. SN5 7YT | Tel: 01672 851 842 .they may be able to help you out

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Scrap yard, see if they have one with the keys. Or take the lock to a decent locksmith and ask if they can cut keys to fit it.

Tried the 'decent' locksmith , they kept the lock for two weeks then said couldn't be done...

thanks for the replays everyone , will look on google and give hardtops a shout.

keep em coming ;-)

cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Search ebay
    Tried that first , thanks though , seen one on there need to check measurements of holes as mine are through the glass

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by caz518 View Post
    Tried the 'decent' locksmith , they kept the lock for two weeks then said couldn't be done...

thanks for the replays everyone , will look on google and give hardtops a shout.

keep em coming ;-)

cheers all

Not sure if it's too far from you, but try Hatt, West End Street, High Wycombe Tel. 01494 527189. They've done some fairly tricky stuff for me:
    - take new mortice locks and replace the levers inside so that they matched an existing mortice lock
    - removed a jammed key from another mortice lock with no damage to the door
    - picked a lock on a desk and then built up a key to match

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    one on ebay @ £45.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube