Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on sight in.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA

Thoughts on sight in.

I use a MPBR sight in, meaning I sight in the 06 about 3" high at 100 and can shoot out to about 300 yards still aiming dead on (depend on bullet) for elk or our deer. What do you all prefer? MPBR, dead on at 100 and hold over, or adjust your scope depending on distance?

Dead on at 100 and adjust the scope, as i'm using a scope with the ASV ...

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy Out West View Post
    I use a MPBR sight in, meaning I sight in the 06 about 3" high at 100 and can shoot out to about 300 yards still aiming dead on (depend on bullet) for elk or our deer. What do you all prefer? MPBR, dead on at 100 and hold over, or adjust your scope depending on distance?
    I use a 10x6x1/2 plate sprayed white on a post, I split it into 6 boxes with 1 horizontal and 2 vertical lines about 1/4 wide in black.
    In the centre of 2 boxes I spray through the middle of a grinding wheel....which is about 7/8...
    The lines give a good reference for the a4 ret to dial in and the dots the group shot...
    All done at 200 yards, with 75 & 95 grain rounds. Off quad sticks with the group at the top of the black dot if I am on my game...
    When done I weld up the craters in the plate...

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Sight at 100m or 150m depending on rig and adjust scope accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy Out West View Post
    My 30-06 2'' high at 100 yards for hunting here, i adjust it to 3'' high at 100 yards when hunting in Montana.
    Cheers
    Richard

MPBR for hunting with a plain reticle, unless it is Long Range. Great system.
    Long range the rifle is zeroed at 100m, I range it then do the calcs for the shot (steel plates out to 800m).

mostly 1" high at 100yds
    depending on cartridge it is point and shoot out to 220-250yds (300wm, .270, .222)

any more than that and I get off my arse and move closer!

Dead on 100 as I know my drops due to ASV bt turrets on the v8 , if not I get a 40" white sheet of wall paper draw a line in the centre from top to bottom draw cross line with a black dot at 100 zero then fire three rounds at 100 150 200 300 etc ,I feel it better to see the fall of shot than guess how low your drop is but that just how I do it lol and then use a rule to see my drops make dope chart with dino tape or have inside rear flip up cover or stuck on stock happy days

[QUOTE=have inside rear flip up cover [/QUOTE]

+1
    Liking the cut of your jib there Paul O'

I had mine bang on at 100,,but ive alltered the two c/f,s too 1 inch at a hundred its then as paul,o and bewsher point and shoot out to 200+
    DONT START