Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stainless t8 mod

Stainless t8 mod

Hi guys, just wonderin if any of you have tried the new stainless t8? My old t8 burst last nite so i need a new 1 quick and thnk the stainless would be better as the old 1s are prone 2 rusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka 270 View Post
    My old t8 burst last nite
    What was that like from the bolt end?
    Glad I went with my unfashionable Wildcat!

It was ok actualy, i was trying the rifle before i went out spotlighting and the first shot was perfect but the next 3 were all over the place. Luckily spotted the big split walking back from the target 2try another shot. Ha, how are the wildcats? Is the noise reduction as good as the t8?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka 270 View Post
    It was ok actualy, i was trying the rifle before i went out spotlighting and the first shot was perfect but the next 3 were all over the place. Luckily spotted the big split walking back from the target 2try another shot. Ha, how are the wildcats? Is the noise reduction as good as the t8?
    Tikka, a couple of years ago Sporting Rifle did tests on all the mods made at that time(I believe Bruce Potts is doing something similar at the moment) and there was about a 4 decibel spread over all the moderators, certainly not enough to worry about with the mk1 ear.

I too have been tempted by the MYM, but my T8 is still going strong. I have a mate with a ASE UTRA S5 and he loves it, and one with a Wildcat and he loves that one, the rest of us peasants have the T8.

The Wildcat Compact in all stainless steel weighs in at 500gm, considering it is a reflex it must affect the handling less than any of the other makes, unless you go down the titanium route.

Yours interestedly, ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

There are better moderators than the T8 out there however, I think that Peter Jackson (or Reflex direct) will give you a new T8 at half price if your old one has failed, or maybe replace it under warrantee depending on the age. Not sure of the details of this deal but it may be worth a phone call. JC

I was thinking about the MYM (as the stainless T8 is called) but the weight put me off. The T8 weighs 640g and the MYM weighs 800g; quite an increase in weight to get used to.

I ended up buying the jet-z (560g) which is great.

fraser

I would recomend a Pes scout I would class it as the best of the bunch and I have owned and tried most, + what I would describe as a second to none customer service from Julian at JMS
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

As I have posted before these are the ones I like at the minute[FONT=Verdana]
    It is a Jager Sporting Arms Ranger, the owner is on the site. The body etc are made from aircraft grade 7575 series alloy with stainless steel used for the primary blast baffles and the insert were it screws on to the barrel, it is a reflex/over barrel design. For only 175 they have got to be worth a look.
    This is the front mounted one that I use.

It is a A-Tec CMM, the baffles can be added or removed for differing situations, when set up for my 243 it only weighs in at 385gms, not bad money at 195.

ATB

Tahr

Thanks guys all this is very interesting and helpful. Ive managed to borrow my old mans moderator for nw so theres not as much of a rush to get a new 1 now so i have anther question. What moderators are a similar weight to the t8, im a young fella so a heavy rifie dosent bother me and i find tht the extra weight settles the rifle down after running up the big hills weve got up here.

Ase utra north star is about the same weight as the t8, an its stainless