Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yukon Photon East Sussex

Yukon Photon East Sussex

Is there anyone in East Sussex who has a Yukon Photon XT (preferably the new 6.5x50) who would let me have a look through it?

Ideally out shooting one evening either where you shoot or one of my rabbitting or foxing places. I am pretty sure I'm going to buy one but just want to have a look through one first so I know what to expect and make sure I want to spend the 419 on a new one. The last thing I want is to get one and then end up disappointed with the performance as I have seen some good clear footage on youTube but also some pretty fuzzy stuff.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Is there anyone in East Sussex who has a Yukon Photon XT (preferably the new 6.5x50) who would let me have a look through it?

Ideally out shooting one evening either where you shoot or one of my rabbitting or foxing places. I am pretty sure I'm going to buy one but just want to have a look through one first so I know what to expect and make sure I want to spend the 419 on a new one. The last thing I want is to get one and then end up disappointed with the performance as I have seen some good clear footage on youTube but also some pretty fuzzy stuff.
    you will find the reproduction images on youtube are pants compared to the real thing,

I seen some of the drone before I got it and had to think really hard if I wanted one,

when I got it.............................fantastic compared to the footage.

best of luck

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hello fella I live in Surrey but only have the older photon your more than welcome to have a look through mine if you like
    Adrian

Thanks for the info Bob and thanks for the offer Adrian but the reviews all say the new XT is a big improvement on the older model so don't want to base my decision on an image that probably won't reflect the model I'm after. Thanks a lot for the offer though.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Thanks for the info Bob and thanks for the offer Adrian but the reviews all say the new XT is a big improvement on the older model so don't want to base my decision on an image that probably won't reflect the model I'm after. Thanks a lot for the offer though.
    you are most welcome.

and I am not saying this as I have one for swaps,

but don't right off the first photon the 5x42 with a doubler is a cracking bit of kit, I used one on 5 mag for months and found it a great wee scope, but as always I wanted more (at a cost I may add), but foe the money they are well worth looking at, as they are selling second hand for 250 IMO you can't go wrong.

all the best in the search and trials.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

hi go for it have a 4.5 photon xt and a new 10x drone and almost (but not quite) prefer it to the drone just get a decent ir tourch for it ( a clive ward t20 is perfect and light weight) and press the centre out of the lens cap to help focus and 150 yards is a doddle. best bits unlike the drone are it fits in standard 30mm mounts (a big plus if you have a sako)and has a lower profile so no need for high cheek raisers on the stock its lighter and the aa batteries last longer than the drones cheers david

I have the old one and looked at the new one as an upgrade but decided it wasn't worth it. The improvements are more in the design than the image IMHO

ATB

Chasey

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    I have the old one and looked at the new one as an upgrade but decided it wasn't worth it. The improvements are more in the design than the image IMHO

ATB

Chasey
    Thanks for that I'll bear it in mind when I go and have a look at the new one and see if it looks worth the money, if not second hand could be on the cards.

Hi, I am in West Sussex if you still want to have a look see what the 6.5x50 Photon is like drop me a PM.

My mates selling an almost new 6.5 version which in my opinion is a vast improvement on the older model. Up for sale on ukfoxshooter forum..