Carcase Tags

willie_gunn

Out of interest, what are others on the site using for carcase tags? By this I mean the tag that you attach to the carcase when you take it to the game dealer.

I've always used luggage labels with string :eek:, but I figure there has to be something better. I've been trying to source some 'proper' meat processing tags but haven't been able to identify a supplier, so if anyone has a contact please let me know ;)

In the meantime I had a search through eBay, as you do, and came across someone supplying party wrist bands - the sort that you get put on your wrist at shows, etc meaning that you can go back in without paying a second time. I bought 100 and they work out at around 8p each, but less if you buy larger quantities. The supplier allows two lines of printing, so I sent them a template and this is what came back:

Wristband.JPG

They seem to do the trick, as you can write the details on them with a permanent pen and then peel off the adhesive strip and attach through the rear leg.

willie_gunn

Mick

Thanks for that. They must be in the Larder Equipment section of the Shop on their website, as when I had a look it said "under review".

willie_gunn

Bestwicks will give you their tags if you ask and I have had tags from other dealers in the past. Don't spend your own money on them. Rgds jcs

Your game dealer should be able to supply tags with bar code/ID numbers on them, i know that i deal with Fyne Game and they leave a roll of tags with me.

I made some up from the template in the DSC1 book and printed them out on card at home. But considering the cost of ink in my printer and decent card I decided to buy the readymade ones from the BDS.

ft

Willie, where do you sell your carcases, if selling to a gamedealer on a regular basis they should supply you with tags
just ask for them, they come on a roll of a 100, no need for you to buy them. the only problem could be if you are selling to different gamedealers as they come with the name of the establishment on them.

Back