Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka t3 accuracy problems

Tikka t3 accuracy problems

I have a tikka T3 lite in .308 and it's always done me just fine. However the other night I was shooting at a lovely 100m indoor range to remove some of the wind variable for zeroing. My rifle was consistently shooting point of aim first round, then one and a half inches high to 11 o'clock then back to the original point of aim third round. This happened over several targets.

I had noticed that the barrell wasn't quite free floating the whole way back to the action so we removed the stock and filled some off. The problem persisted. I tried with the silencer on and off and the same issue was happening. I can't say I have ever had this problem with it before and he rifle probably has only had 400 rounds through it ever.

I was shooting 150grain federal soft points - I then swapped to 150g ballistic tip Norma's and the problem decreased slightly but again the odd 'thrower' persisted.

I know its not my shooting as I was shooting the other chaps .223 to near a thumbnail.

Any out of the box ideas? Cheers

Are all the screws tight, is the king screw been done up to tight and compressed the stock a ill and now moving on the recoil lug, sounds like your stock is pinching some where!!

"so we re-moved the stock and filed some off." HHmmmm

check everything is tight

Is there a specific torque setting? I just done them up to "ft"

Quote Originally Posted by .25-06 View Post
    "so we re-moved the stock and filed some off." HHmmmm

check everything is tight

one of the ribs was fouling on the underside of the barrell... Nothing to drastic. I'm a mechanic and do have a little mechanical comprehension... So no need to shudder at an amateur job haha

Good, if everything mechanical is ruled out it must be the twitch with the itch at the back of the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Cawdor118 View Post
    one of the ribs was fouling on the underside of the barrell... Nothing to drastic. I'm a mechanic and do have a little mechanical comprehension... So no need to shudder at an amateur job haha

Quote Originally Posted by .25-06 View Post
    Good, if everything mechanical is ruled out it must be the twitch with the itch at the back of the gun

I really wish it was me as that would be easy to sort, everything was comfortable, stable and effortless. I had another experienced shooter watching me and he agreed. Bullets maybe? To consistently shoot like that would imply something other than me?

does it shoot like that for anyone else? if so then its not you,
    DONT START

Duff scope??

If it was repeatable, probably not the bullets but barrel - stock something is expanding / moving. Something loose or broken on the scope would be erratic.