Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boar Escape men Jailed

SD Regular

Boar Escape men Jailed

Two jailed for freeing wild boar into the wild in Maesteg - BBC News

I think there was a thread on this in July? Here's how it "ended"...

Not that I am perfect but,the BBC seems to have a very poor command on the "English language"- boars and boarlets.

It says they were also charged with causing inhumane suffering to an animal, it was killed in an inhumane way. Then goes on to say one had it's throat cut. So, where does that put halal killing then ? Why aren't halal slaughter house charged?

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    It says they were also charged with causing inhumane suffering to an animal, it was killed in an inhumane way. Then goes on to say one had it's throat cut. So, where does that put halal killing then ? Why aren't halal slaughter house charged?
    At a guess it's due to how it was carried out, animal not stunned, knife not sharp enough, knife not big enough, not a trained slaughterman. The list to differentiate between some amateur without the right kit in the dark with a wild boar vs a professional slaughterman in the correct situation with no need to turn this into another anti Muslim/immigrant/halal debate ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    At a guess it's due to how it was carried out, animal not stunned, knife not sharp enough, knife not big enough, not a trained slaughterman. The list to differentiate between some amateur without the right kit in the dark with a wild boar vs a professional slaughterman in the correct situation with no need to turn this into another anti Muslim/immigrant/halal debate ;-)
    I've no wish to turn in into any sort of debate. I genuinely thought halal meat was done without stunning, they just slit the throat ?

I'm fairly sure in the UK it is supposed to be stunned and similarly in NZ where most our halal meat comes from. Traditionally it's not stunned but that's the traditional method and differs slightly to the commercial production in the UK and NZ. Meat from elsewhere I have no doubt isn't stunned though and like you I don't find that humane at all.

Just a point. Re Halal: You would never find a muslim getting near enough to a Boar to kill it with a knife, stunned or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ade8mm View Post
    Just a point. Re Halal: You would never find a muslim getting near enough to a Boar to kill it with a knife, stunned or otherwise.
    Halal pork! A whole new market.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

How do you release "Wild" Boar into the wild?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If you want a good laugh for half an hour watch this www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0611xnq/rhys-joness-wildlife-patrol-series-3-1-wild-boar

Tonto and Kimosabe they certainly ain't.

Last edited by 8x57; 15-08-2015 at 15:32.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.