Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: 42 Days (6 Weeks) !!!!

  1. #1

    42 Days (6 Weeks) !!!!

    42 days until deer season opens here. Got my Hoyt Nitrum Turbo tuned up and ready to go! Shooting 370 grain arrow 317 fps. Deer don't stand a chance.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439674800.958990.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	259.4 KB 
ID:	60179

  2. #2
    That's what the dentist said when he went out lion hunting.

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  3. #3
    That is a nice bow, good solid wall, smooth draw, but a little stiff cos they reduced the brace height to get the speed, airshox work well though and the build is top draw, I liked the offset in the riser to make tuning easy, what shafts & heads will you be taking that buck of a lifetime with?

  4. #4
    I have just got a Bear Arena 34, loving it, hopefully I will get on some pigs next weekend, turkeys at the least.

  5. #5
    Good choice there Taff, its a bit long for me as I am a short ass, Nathan my mate in Louisiana says they are real smooth to shoot, and quiet cos of the double string stop, he reckons he can hit a Bullfrog @ 60m!! he offered to sort one out but I am sticking with the PSE, which with any luck I can utilize to its max when I get down your way for this wedding.
    Whats the spec on your one 70lb@27.5? I just got hold of some Bone collector shafts, cant believe how small the diameter is compared to the Expedition hunters, wont be heavy enough for pigs though i don't reckon. atb

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    Good choice there Taff, its a bit long for me as I am a short ass, Nathan my mate in Louisiana says they are real smooth to shoot, and quiet cos of the double string stop, he reckons he can hit a Bullfrog @ 60m!! he offered to sort one out but I am sticking with the PSE, which with any luck I can utilize to its max when I get down your way for this wedding.
    Whats the spec on your one 70lb@27.5? I just got hold of some Bone collector shafts, cant believe how small the diameter is compared to the Expedition hunters, wont be heavy enough for pigs though i don't reckon. atb
    rick mine is 26. 3/4 only pulling 56 at the moment, running victory v force .245 sport 400 using 100g broad heads,the guy who works in the shop is running the same set up, taking pigs and goats.

    Apache we have a whole section on this site about dogs for finding deer, SHOT WITH A RIFLE by people who thought the same thing.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    That is a nice bow, good solid wall, smooth draw, but a little stiff cos they reduced the brace height to get the speed, airshox work well though and the build is top draw, I liked the offset in the riser to make tuning easy, what shafts & heads will you be taking that buck of a lifetime with?

    At least the "HEADS" in this case really are correctly described.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  8. #8
    I'm in the market for a new bow... Have been moving towards a Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo but the Nitrum looks interesting... Just need to figure out whether the extra £350 for the Spyder is worth it!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    I'm in the market for a new bow... Have been moving towards a Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo but the Nitrum looks interesting... Just need to figure out whether the extra £350 for the Spyder is worth it!
    The bow choice is excellent and looks the nuts, its lighter but just over 4lb to just under 4lb is to close to notice, depending what and how you shoot the add ons will bring the weight up and i would personally spend the money upgrading my sights, drop away rest, strings etc. Word is the new Lithium Ltd by Martin Archery is where its at..

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    The bow choice is excellent and looks the nuts, its lighter but just over 4lb to just under 4lb is to close to notice, depending what and how you shoot the add ons will bring the weight up and i would personally spend the money upgrading my sights, drop away rest, strings etc. Word is the new Lithium Ltd by Martin Archery is where its at..
    I'm Hoyt or nothing! lol... Already got all the bits off my old bow so no upgrades needed there... Fuse Carbon blade stab, spott hog father 3 pin sight, QAD HDX rest... Have hankered after the carbon "whetever" ever since Hoyt brought one out, now it is time.. I'm wavering!!! the bow needs to last me a minimum of 5 years and I know the carbons are incredibly durable.. there is a vid somewhere of one of the carbons being driven over and it still shoots sweet!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Enquiry for a French chum - 3 days hinds, 2 days roughshooting in Scotland, Oct '14
    By Pine Marten in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 12:49
  2. For Sale 8 weeks
    By 6pointer in forum Dogs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 15:11
  3. Just a few weeks to go
    By chiron in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-10-2012, 21:11
  4. My pups at 4 weeks
    By Bashing Bambi in forum Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 11:00
  5. This weeks stalking.
    By xavierdoc in forum Photos
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-04-2009, 13:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •