Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dsc2

Dsc2

Dose any one the number of people with dsc1&2

Latest statistics DSC1 DSC2
    Registered 23,443 8,193
    Completed 21,879 4,792

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Thanks for that I thought it would have been more .I think dsc1&2 should be compulsory what about

Compulsory, how? To shoot deer alone? To pass deer into the food chain? To have a FAC conditioned for deer? For every man, woman and child in the country?

My view - if you are passing deer into the food chain then DSC 2 should be the minimum required IMO. I don't think level 1 is enough, when you don't ever need to have seen a lymph node, never mind decide whether it is normal or not.

As long as people are shooting humanely and safely then I don't care whether they are qualified. Not if they are eating the deer themselves. The food safety side is my biggest concern.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Compulsory for what? I know lifelong stalkers with more skill & knowledge than you or I have had hot dinners who will never bother with DSC1 & 2.

So what do you suggest for them. No certificate no stalk? Or no certificate no guns? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Old-YOP View Post
    Compulsory for what? I know lifelong stalkers with more skill & knowledge than you or I have had hot dinners who will never bother with DSC1 & 2.

So what do you suggest for them. No certificate no stalk? Or no certificate no guns? What?
    All I am saying is what people think may be the lifelong stalker should try for dcs1 if he knows everything about stalking or is he afraid he won't pass

For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

>> is he afraid he won't pass <<

Yeah, right. Perhaps someone could introduce you to one or two, and you can suggest that to their faces. The result would be much like saying to Buzz Aldrin that he never really walked on the moon. Most still wield a healthy right hook :-)

What's next in your compulsory world? DSC1, DSC2, DSC3, DSC4 and five gold stars from McDonalds? How does *any* of that trump years and years of real-world experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Old-YOP View Post
    I know lifelong stalkers with more skill & knowledge than you or I have had hot dinners who will never bother with DSC1 & 2.
    Do they know their responsibilities regarding food safety? Can they name the lymph nodes? Would they recognise suspected tuberculosis and know what action they need to take? Some of these older guys haven't a clue and don't

I don't doubt they may be good and finding and killing deer - but there is so much more to it than that.

>> I don't doubt they may be good and finding and killing deer - but there is so much more to it than that. <<

Some of you guys have no respect. Who do you think wrote the book on food safety, lymph nodes, notifiable diseases and the like, all well before the DSC scheme was introduced. Oh, that would be those experienced stalkers then.

So what, DSC1 comes along and only then are we all food safe? Do me a favour.