Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako Optilock 1" one piece ringmounts

Sako Optilock 1" one piece ringmounts

Sako Optilock 1" ringmounts, blued in very good used condition.
    These are a tad lower than the extra low two piece Optilocks, as well as being a lot lighter. I would guess they could fit up to a 50mm objective.
    I bought these from the forum a while back, but never got around to buying a 1" scope to suit.

50 posted recorded delivery.

Out of interest, do these come with the protective plastic inserts that come with the 2-piece Optilocks?

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Out of interest, do these come with the protective plastic inserts that come with the 2-piece Optilocks?
    Yes they do, so they won't mark the scope.
    I really rate the one piece ringmounts, as they are lighter, lower and cheaper than the two piece design, and they also have less to misalign or go wrong! I use the 30mm version on a Sako 85 hunter weight barrel with a Z6 3-18x50 and still have barrel clearance to fit a Butler Creek lens cover.

And if I can pick your brain again, do the rings fall in the same place on the dovetails as the 2-piece ones? I too have a Swarovski scope (1.7-10 x 42) on my Sako 75 but I find with the extended eye-relief these scope have I can't fit it far enough forward whilst keeping it low as the eyepiece fouls the mount block. Ideally I'd like to be able to nudge the scope further forward by between 1/4 & 1/2 an inch than is shown in the attached image. Do you think that the one piece mounts would help with this?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roe sack.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	579.3 KB 
ID:	60213

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    And if I can pick your brain again, do the rings fall in the same place on the dovetails as the 2-piece ones? I too have a Swarovski scope (1.7-10 x 42) on my Sako 75 but I find with the extended eye-relief these scope have I can't fit it far enough forward whilst keeping it low as the eyepiece fouls the mount block. Ideally I'd like to be able to nudge the scope further forward by between 1/4 & 1/2 an inch than is shown in the attached image. Do you think that the one piece mounts would help with this?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roe sack.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	579.3 KB 
ID:	60213
    The rear ringmount sits further back on the rail than the two piece ring as it sits directly above the stop pin slot in the receiver, so you may have the same eye relief problem. However, I think the stop pin looks like it could be drifted out (or filed off?), then the ringmount could sit fully forward on the rail in the same position as the ring does in the two piece version. This should fix your eye relief problem.
    That was as clear as mud, so will upload a pic tomorrow!

Click on below thumbnail for pic of rings.
    There are in good condition overall, with a small rub on the blueing, the plastic inserts have cracks but are perfectly useable, and the screws/bolts are in excellent condition. They measure 0.4" from the bottom of the scope cradle to the base.
    Last edited by Guesty; 17-08-2015 at 15:08.

This shows my 50mm scope in the 30mm version of the ringmounts.

These look great; I'd previously been told that they didn't have the protective ring so I hadn't pursued them.

Thank you for putting up the images too.

It's my pleasure!
    I really like them, and think the two piece version would be far less popular if folks knew that these were available.
    Despite being lower than the 'extra lows', they are plenty high enough for 50mm scope with a standard profile barrel.