Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any opinions about the new Audi q7?

Any opinions about the new Audi q7?

Thinking of changing my Toyota Land Cruiser (2004). Interested in the the new Audi Q7 as it seems to have a good fuel economy and can accomodate seven seats comfortably. But, I am not too sure how good it is off road. Any Q7 users/experts on here?

Had two of the original Q7

Alas whilst having a very good "feel" to drive...more like a car than a big 4 x 4 and very roomy......Its a proper Chelsea Tractor. Even with adjustable suspension , its fat low profile tyres let it down crossing anything other bowling green type lawns!

My shooting vehicle is an old manual A6 Allroad....now that will go anywhere....

I'd stick with a Landcruiser!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsettaff View Post

Alas whilst having a very good "feel" to drive...more like a car than a big 4 x 4 and very roomy......Its a proper Chelsea Tractor. Even with adjustable suspension , its fat low profile tyres let it down crossing anything other bowling green type lawns!

Can the wheels/tyres be changed to something more "off road"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsettaff View Post

My shooting vehicle is an old manual A6 Allroad....now that will go anywhere....

I'd stick with a Landcruiser!
    Not owned one but driven several, I concur with the above.

I've removed my Chelsea 21" low profile tyres and now run on 18" wheels I imported from Germany and AT tyres.

Landrover go anywhere it is not but it gets me around the fields game shooting and to pick up deer also works ok lamping. It is more Freelander than 90. It is a comfortable drive and good cruiser on motorway etc. fuel economy is ok on longer motorway type trips 40 mpg (older model) and 15-20 in town.

[QUOTE=welshwarrior;1006472]I've removed my Chelsea 21" low profile tyres and now run on 18" wheels I imported from Germany and AT tyres.

I was hoping to get the 18" wheels (SE model). Are the AT tyres easy to come by?

You'll have to check the fittment but I've had no issues at all, they last ages as well compared to the standard road tyres I had.

I've just sold my 05 landcruiser amazon for a 12 plate range rover , big mistake............

my father had a Q7 , I concur with the above assessment's.
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Have to admit, whilst not a q7... it's similar... I love my VW Touareg.. it's comfy, drives beautifully etc..etc.. but I saw her in a different light yesterday... she couldn't make it into an off road parking spot even in low ratio with the diffs locked!!!! it was only a high kerb with a depression on the other side up onto some dirt... granted it was on a relatively severe incline but even so... She just wouldn't do it.. even managed somehow to get the TF box bound up in the process!!!!! My old Jeep Cherokee would have just laughed at it!!!

Now... some of it may be down to the road tyres but I'm beginning to realise that it is not an off road machine... just an on road machine with all the gizmos to make it look that way!!

Get a volvo xc90 d5. I have one and have bf goodrich mud terrain km2 tyres fitted and I've pulled my brother's Defender 90 out 3 times when he got stuck lol. It's brilliant off road and with 7 seats it accommadates my 4 kids and dog easy. If you send me your email address ill send you some pics of car and tyres.