Blaser serial number

deerstalker.308

Just joined the dark side (but keeping a toe in the light with my sauer) anyhow. The rifle has one serial number, and the bolt has a different number, is this normal?? And if so, which one do you have listed on your FAC? Surely not both?? I doubt the police would understand having 2 serial numbers, as that would imply two firearms......

If you want additional barrels that require a different bolt head your force may require the barrel and the bolt head listing on your ticket as component parts.. Mine do..

If you want additional barrels that require a different bolt head your force may require the barrel and the bolt head listing on your ticket as component parts.. Mine do..

Dorset ask for the serial number of the receiver and then list each barrel with number as "spare barrel"

Great fun when in Africa because sometimes they just cant quite grasp the concept of different serial numbers for the same rifle!

I have two R93 stocks (receivers) and three barrels - one stock has a serial number one hasn't. On my FAC one barrel is listed with its number together with the numbered stock, the other two barrels are listed with serial numbers as "spare barrels". neither of the two bolts or the un-numbered stock appear on the FAC anywhere. Confusing!

I have traveled in and out of the country with a mix of stocks and barrels without any problems (tempting providence I know) but as long as customs see a rifle with a number that corresponds to an entry on my FAC they are satisfied, and really thats all we need.,

I have just checked and there is a small serial number on the bolt but not the bolt head - only the class lettering (M=standard; M= magnum).

I have two R93 stocks (receivers) and three barrels - one stock has a serial number one hasn't. On my FAC one barrel is listed with its number together with the numbered stock, the other two barrels are listed with serial numbers as "spare barrels". neither of the two bolts or the un-numbered stock appear on the FAC anywhere. Confusing!

I have traveled in and out of the country with a mix of stocks and barrels without any problems (tempting providence I know) but as long as customs see a rifle with a number that corresponds to an entry on my FAC they are satisfied, and really thats all we need.,

I have just checked and there is a small serial number on the bolt but not the bolt head - only the class lettering (M=standard; M= magnum).
My feo's take on it was that if it is a switchable pressure bearing part then it needed to be listed separately..... Mine is not to reason why! Lol

My feo's take on it was that if it is a switchable pressure bearing part then it needed to be listed separately..... Mine is not to reason why! Lol

dont necessarily disagree but I have never been requested to provide the information so ........

Just joined the dark side (but keeping a toe in the light with my sauer) anyhow. The rifle has one serial number, and the bolt has a different number, is this normal?? And if so, which one do you have listed on your FAC? Surely not both?? I doubt the police would understand having 2 serial numbers, as that would imply two firearms......
I have 2 barrels with one bolt and only the barrel S/Ns are noted on the FAC (metpolice)

dont necessarily disagree but I have never been requested to provide the information so ........

That's just Cleveland, other forces will take a different view... My FLO admitted he didn't come across Blasers and other switch barrels very often so I suppose it won't be something they are dealing with on a regular basis...

My FEO wouldn't condition the 300WM and .204R barrels for quarry either... he said as far as he was concerned they were component parts of the main, 6.5x55 rifle and so were covered by the conditions bestowed on that. I pointed out that if I put the 300WM barrel on it becomes a 300WM rifle and an officer from another force, wanting to be pedantic, could argue that the firearm didn't have the necessary conditions..... He was having none of it though... but again, he said he was unfamiliar with the rifle system and didn't really know how to deal with it!

The separate serial number thing isn't confined to Blaser - My Sauer which was originally bought as a .243 has a serial number on the action body/chassis and the "spare" .308 barrel has its own number - neither bolt (original .243/3-lug and spare .308/6-lug) have numbers.

Just to revisit this old chestnut.... Having just updated my EFP after a new purchase of a 2nd R8 I discovered that Suffolk had my barrel listed as the serial number for the new rifle but when I double checked my old rifle that one had the bolt head as the number that appreared on my FAC and EFP.... Travelling through Europe and onto Africa next year I figured I had better clarify as I didn't want a situation whereby I was carrying 2 barrels one of which's number didn't appear anywhere on either my FAC or EFP..... upshot is now Suffolk are updating both my FAC and EFP with serial numbers for barrel, bolt head and bolt for each rifle... Belt and braces approach but always a pleasure to deal with and always have a practical solution to a problem. Hats off Suffolk

Blaser shotguns are the same, different serial numbers on the action and barrels. I've just bought an F16 and the action number goes on the shotgun certificate but the Blaser warranty refers to the barrel number.

Mauser m03
no other component numbers on FAC other than barrel

Now that I think about it there's no actual numbers on any of the component parts

Hi DS308'

Welcome to the dark side.
North of the border, barrel no. only.

Cheers Aye
ROE224

Back