perfect shot

stone

just like to say a big thank you to sp4rkman
following on from the 'stalking books collection' in general disscussion
sp4rkman set me a copy of the perfect shot dvd by kevin robertson aswell as a couple of other hunting dvd's
to say the least the dvd went on for nearly 2 hours and showed nearly all of the african game from plains to dangerous game , but more important it showed the result of each bullet placement from texas haert shot to a head shot
yes i know what a few may think but how many of us know the difference from a high heart and lung to a gut shot or can actually reconise the difference in body language this was such an informative dvd
does any one know of one for our on specieces of deer that shows the reaction to the shots that we take?
thank you once again sp4rkman
kind regards
stone

stone said:
yes i know what a few may think but how many of us know the difference from a high heart and lung to a gut shot or can actually reconise the difference in body language this was such an informative dvd
does any one know of one for our on specieces of deer that shows the reaction to the shots that we take?
stone

YES, you can tell what kind of shot you have had, this should be part of anyones stalking abilities, knowing the reaction to shot. This gives you a head start if you get a runner as to what signs to look for, eg dark blood (heart shot) frothy pink blood (lung shot) or green gut contents, obviously (gut shot). Any skills test you may have to do usually expect this kind of knowledge.

wadas

Stone - only a pleasure. Glad you found it so interesting and informative.

I agree, it would be great if someone could put together a similar one for the UK deer species.

Kevin "Doctari" Robertson is in a unique position though - a veterinarian and a very experienced professional hunter. I'm so glad he's used his skills and experience to such good use!

i agree with you here wadas
but when i started stalking as a complete novice , if the deer did not drop then i must of missed it, no one told me that if the deer hunched up i had gut shot it or if when it bucked up it was a heart shot i just thought i had missed and only from watching videos telling me to follow the direction the beast ran in just to make sure ,then i would hav lost many a beast this is where experience comes in my friend and we all started somewhere may be a dvd like this would may help as i am sure there are lots of new stalker to the sport who hav thier own ground and no need for an experienced stalker or for any qualifacations but knowledge has to be a good thing in this case

Back