Thread: Leica Geovid HD-B heads-up...

Leica Geovid HD-B heads-up...

For those who missed the Leica promotion,same like me, just found a retailer on the continent and ordered a pair in 8x42 for 1580 including delivery

I think is the best price at the moment, and it shows 100 in stock. Anyone want to purchase any, just ask, i'm not sure i'm alowed to post the link on here.

Be careful when ordering Leica on the continent. There was a comment made in a recent thread saying that with any warranty claims they would have to go back to where you bought them from as Leica in the UK will not stand by the warranty. Definitely worth a phone call to Leica to check this before your purchase. Also unless you are going to shoot animals at long distance ( over 300yds) the HDR 402 is 250 cheaper but has a simplified ballistic program. I bought mine for 1200
    Last edited by Grant.N; 18-08-2015 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    Be careful when ordering Leica on the continent. There was a comment made in a recent thread saying that with any warranty claims they would have to go back to where you bought them from as Leica in the UK will not stand by the warranty. Definitely worth a phone call to Leica to check this before your purchase. Also unless you are going to shoot animals at long distance ( over 300yds) the HDR 402 is 250 cheaper but has a simplified ballistic program. I bought mine for 1200

I know the boys from Leica UK are desperately trying to stop people ordering from outside the UK and I also know that they lurk on here!

I'm sure they could clarify their position on here so that everyone is clear where they stand and it may also go someway to them achieving their goal of stopping so called 'grey' imports by dissuading even a few purchasers from doing it!

I already paid for it, if Leica UK will not stand by the warranty if something goes wrong, shame on them, they'll have to learn a few things from Zeiss and Swaro.
    I'm a hard working man and a 450 quid saving is noticeable in anyone's pocket. I'll take my chances, and if i have to send it back in Germany for any warranty claims, be it!