Adjustable mounts to get a Yukon Photon ontrack

DRN

I have just bought a Yukon photon which seems like a great bit of kit from my initial look around the fields.

I have mounted this on a picatinny rail (sitting on an old BRNO model 2).

The problem is I have run out of negative elevation adjustment at 40 yards as the POI is still 40cm below where POA is.

Either I could remove the rail and get some adjustable mounts that fit an 11mm dovetail. Or some get some adjustable picatinny mounts.

If anyone else has had this problem and a solution, or knows of good adjustable mounts that work then I would appreciate your thoughts. I had looked at sportsmatch but thought I would ask here for some collective wisdom..

Cheers

I should point out I dont think there is a problem with the Photon its probably that the dovetail isnt quite flush with the barrel so I need a adjustable mount to bring it back.

The other quite popular option is to shim the ring that needs elevating if it is just the height adjustment that is out. Otherwise its an extra £60 or so to get mounts for it bringing the price overall nearer £500 (for the 6.5x50)

Im pretty sure the rail is flat but reversing a 20MOA rail is a good idea indeed.

Had exactly the same problem with my Photon.
Set it on my 22 LR using a cheap set of high mounts and ran out of horizontal (2 inches left).
Tried the one piece mounts from Scott Country - same problem. Set scope back to the centre.
Tried another set of cheap high mounts and spot on. Switched the set up onto my 17HMR and first 2 mounts same thing (interestingly 2 inches right).
All very odd but best advice is to try different mounts and you should find a set that work.
Scott Country very good and refunded as I had kept the mounts pristine and original packaging.
Good piece of kit once you get it set up.

Guys,

I to am interested in this as I want to go down the Yukon line but when I tried to buy one the guys in the shop couldn't find a way of fitting it to a Parker Hale Mauser 98 with anything close to workable eye relief.

I've since found this site in the States:

Mauser: EGW Gun Parts

But don't know what the difference is between the 0 and 20 MOA options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I reckon on of these with the Yukon mount that Scott Country sell would work well and let me get the correct eye relief. Although it is going to add over a £100 to the cost which isn't great.

Cheers,

Jim

I use fully adjustable mounts on my brno mod 2 but it didnt need any adjustment..the first scope had to go back as it was not going to zero what so ever...

Had exactly the same problem with my Photon.
Set it on my 22 LR using a cheap set of high mounts and ran out of horizontal (2 inches left).
Tried the one piece mounts from Scott Country - same problem. Set scope back to the centre.
Tried another set of cheap high mounts and spot on. Switched the set up onto my 17HMR and first 2 mounts same thing (interestingly 2 inches right).

Did you use the mounts in the same position, ie. front and back?

Back