Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Insurance?

  1. #1

    Insurance?

    Im going to do a DSC1 soon, and Im told I have to provide my own insurance.

    [Which seems a bit odd to me. Surely a school would have insurance for its students? If not what does their insurance cover?]

    Anyway, does anyone know where I can get some cheap insurance for 3 days to cover the DSC1?

    I will join BASC of course, but only after I am granted a firearms license.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1973 View Post
    Im going to do a DSC1 soon, and Im told I have to provide my own insurance.

    [Which seems a bit odd to me. Surely a school would have insurance for its students? If not what does their insurance cover?]

    Anyway, does anyone know where I can get some cheap insurance for 3 days to cover the DSC1?

    I will join BASC of course, but only after I am granted a firearms license.

    Thanks.
    Just join BASC now. Regards JCS

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Just join BASC now. Regards JCS
    What he said. You should be doing so anyway out of principle, but it's useful and you never know whether you need to put in a call to their firearms and legal team at some stage...

  4. #4
    What, even though I may be refused a license? Is that not just me throwing away 70?

  5. #5
    I don't know about you but I consider that the membership fee is primarily something I pay to support our sport, the insurance just a benefit that happens to come with it.

  6. #6
    If you are refused a license, or you don't get the grant that you hope for, they are a good team to have in your corner. Do you do any kind of shooting already? (air-rifle or shotgun?)

    The public liability and indemnity insurance that an institution would hold would cover their own employee's actions.

  7. #7
    If you have no criminal record, have provision for the safe storage of the gun/guns, and good reason for possessing it/them, there should be no reason whatsoever why you should be refused a license... An exception may be if you were applying for something big e.g. a .375 right off the bat, and even in that case worst comes to worst they'll only refuse the cal and suggest another one - you still get the license.

    I got BASC insurance before I got my SGC/FAC anyway, as I was out shooting other people's guns before I got the licenses - something else to think about.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I don't know about you but I consider that the membership fee is primarily something I pay to support our sport, the insurance just a benefit that happens to come with it.
    Im fine with the idea of investing into a sport Im actively involved in.

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitter View Post
    If you are refused a license, or you don't get the grant that you hope for, they are a good team to have in your corner. Do you do any kind of shooting already? (air-rifle or shotgun?)
    The public liability and indemnity insurance that an institution would hold would cover their own employee's actions.
    No I dont shoot. And because of the drugs Im taking, there is a possibility I wont be granted a license.

  9. #9
    I joined BDS (don't shoot me down - I had to, long story!!) and took out their insurance before my course. I think it was cheaper than 70 though.

  10. #10
    There are other ways to obtain insurance and, to be honest, you would be well advised to make your own mind up about who or what you choose.

Similar Threads

  1. Insurance
    By tikka2506 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 13:10
  2. Insurance
    By MJ75 in forum Big Game Hunting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 11:03
  3. insurance
    By rob shooter in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2014, 21:38
  4. Looking for insurance
    By Andy86 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 12:14
  5. insurance
    By the scudd in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 09:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •