flying into denmark !

User00014

hi all

a mate and i have been invited by a danish friend of his , to fly to denmark , and then go shoot boar on his hunting ground in germany .

now i know you guys on here are a knolegable lot , so what i need to know are there any rules of regulations i need to make myself aware about for taking my 6.5x55 into denmark , being a ex military calibre and all that.

i know the 6.5x55 is a popular calibre in scania its just the getting the rifle into denmark and germany im concearned about.

cheers lee

Sorry to raise this Lee, and I might be wrong (I more often am) but I thought that I had read the minimum calibre in Germany was generally 7mm for boar?

Sorry to raise this Lee, and I might be wrong (I more often am) but I thought that I had read the minimum calibre in Germany was generally 7mm for boar?

dont be sorry , thats why i asked because i hav'nt got a clue about how things are done abroard !

atvb lee

Lee, Also suggest talking to your airline and getting confirmation on what their current regulations are for travelling with firearms and ammunition. When you book the ticket, make clear what you are travelling with and get in writing from them a statement of their current requirements. Don't rely on hearsay, get it from the horse's mouth. Also check whether or not you need your European Firearms Pass. Allow lots of time wherever/whenever you check in. Also check what insurance cover you need or want, for the firearms and kit and yourself shooting. Have fun. Regards JCS

Personally I couldn't be bothered with the airlines. If it's not too far into Germany drive and take the tunnel, it couldn't be easier.

You'll require a European FAC apply to your local Police Office you require to tell the Airlines and the Airport Police you'll be carrying a Firearm with you, it will be inspected be early third degree stuff .

The 6.5 is minimum legal caliber for pig in Germany producing, 2000 joules @ 100 mtrs

Boar in Germany

Dont forget to first get a German "tagesjagdschein" issued in advance otherwise you will be a wilderer "poacher" in the eyes of the german law.
The lease owner can get this issued by using a UK game license as proof of hunting experience in the UK and its then good for 14 days (can have 6 per year issued if i am not mistaken).
You might need a passport photo for it. I have never needed one myself I just covered the law over this point when doing my jagdschein in 1998-9 and being a nonresident at the time it has stuck in my head.
Martin

6.5 is fine in Germany you need a EUROPEAN FIREARMS TICKET which is free from your local f a department a German Hunting license+ German insurance both of these you host can sort out at the local Hunting office for the area you are hunting in Germany

Wouldn't there be a problem taking the tunnel with the 6.5 as the French don't like military calibres?

Back