Ruger's Precision Rifle

Muir

I am still awaiting my 308 version of this rifle but a friend lucked into a 6.5 Creedmore this past weekend and I have gotten to shoot it a bit. It is not a 'stalking' rifle by any means but the way many of you shoot off of a bipod and such, it could certainly qualify. I found it much like a bolt action AR-10 and lacking the esthetics that many of us value in a 'hunting' rifle. That said. however, it is a shooting machine in every sense of the word.

I am not a particularly gifted shot when forced to shoot off of a bipod but I was putting 4 of 5 rounds into a 2 bullet width hole with factory ammo with the outlier usually making the group around 5/8" or so. The rifle was virtually recoil free allowing me to pretty much see the bullet strikes on paper every shot. Ruger claims this to be a benefit of the design of the rifle. I'll know when I get my 308. The load was THE load using 41.0 grains of H4350 and a 140 grain A-Max. It's printed on the box. My buddy's handloads were the same load and not surprisingly, shot the same or better groups loaded on Lee dies. The cases were FL resized and crimped after prep.

An ugly rifle, but accurate, which makes it interesting. I'm looking forward to mine.~Muir
2Q==

Sounds good. Thanks for the report. Looking forward to hearing how your .308 shoots when you get it.

Back