Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bergara B14

Bergara B14

Has anyone had a detailed look at these? I am wondering if they are good value as new entrants trying to gain market share, or just cheap quality shooters?
    Thanks ES

I'd say your first guess is the correct one.

These are basically Remington 700s as they ought to be made: with everything precisely machined, well finished, and made from good quality materials.

Standard options are limited, but the B14 is compatible with virtually all M700 after-market parts, so you can do pretty much what you like with it. Indeed, I suspect Bergara will sell more to people who want to build semi-custom rifles than they will to shooters who just want a good, accurate working rifle.

Incidentally, I don't know if they're available yet, but Bergara have promised to bring out a detachable-magazine version (and an "upgrade" kit for floor-plate rifles).
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Thanks Mr G. Very useful. I had read somewhere that the plastic stocks are a little light weight to take a bipod. Then I guess a 700 stock would fit pretty easily anyway. At 625 for the plastic version it seems pretty good value and from what everyone says should be pretty accurate. Have noticed Brock and Norris are selling them so I assume they are happy with them - and they should be reasonable judges.

The B14 is not good value...... its great value. As always we set up EVERY rifle that comes through the workshop/ tune the triggers. correctly fit and lap in the scope mounts and rings . make sure the bores are spotless before they go out the door. The guys that have bought them so far are delighted. There are no issues with the synthetic stocks with a bi pod unless you have the touch of a gorilla . I have 243's 308's and 270's on the shelf in wood and synthetic . I might even put an add in the classifieds on SD . But they are going Quick. Respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Hi Mike, thanks for your post - it's good to have an expert confirm my first, very positive, impressions of the B14 and to know that they're readily available.

What's the current situation with DM options?
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.

I had a closer look at them at the IWA, I would love to get my hands on one.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    The B14 is not good value...... its great value. As always we set up EVERY rifle that comes through the workshop/ tune the triggers. correctly fit and lap in the scope mounts and rings . make sure the bores are spotless before they go out the door. The guys that have bought them so far are delighted. There are no issues with the synthetic stocks with a bi pod unless you have the touch of a gorilla . I have 243's 308's and 270's on the shelf in wood and synthetic . I might even put an add in the classifieds on SD . But they are going Quick. Respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles
    Hi Mike, thanks for this. Do you have any in 6.5 x 55 (or can you get?)

thanks

ES
    Last edited by Essexsussex; 21-08-2015 at 08:21.

good morning ES, yes I have 1 x 6.5 x 5 in synthetic on the shelf, ready to go . If you are interested give me a call on 01948 841021 yours respectfully Mike Norris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Hi Mike, thanks for your post - it's good to have an expert confirm my first, very positive, impressions of the B14 and to know that they're readily available.

What's the current situation with DM options?
    The DM options are being worked on at the moment , as soon as they are available we will have them on the shelf for retro fit.

Quote Originally Posted by brock and norris View Post
    The DM options are being worked on at the moment , as soon as they are available we will have them on the shelf for retro fit.
    Many thanks.