Bergara B14

Essexsussex

Has anyone had a detailed look at these? I am wondering if they are good value as new entrants trying to gain market share, or just cheap quality shooters?
Thanks ES

I'd say your first guess is the correct one.

These are basically Remington 700s as they ought to be made: with everything precisely machined, well finished, and made from good quality materials.

Standard options are limited, but the B14 is compatible with virtually all M700 after-market parts, so you can do pretty much what you like with it. Indeed, I suspect Bergara will sell more to people who want to build semi-custom rifles than they will to shooters who just want a good, accurate working rifle.

Incidentally, I don't know if they're available yet, but Bergara have promised to bring out a detachable-magazine version (and an "upgrade" kit for floor-plate rifles).

Thanks Mr G. Very useful. I had read somewhere that the plastic stocks are a little light weight to take a bipod. Then I guess a 700 stock would fit pretty easily anyway. At 625 for the plastic version it seems pretty good value and from what everyone says should be pretty accurate. Have noticed Brock and Norris are selling them so I assume they are happy with them - and they should be reasonable judges.

The B14 is not good value...... its great value. As always we set up EVERY rifle that comes through the workshop/ tune the triggers. correctly fit and lap in the scope mounts and rings . make sure the bores are spotless before they go out the door. The guys that have bought them so far are delighted. There are no issues with the synthetic stocks with a bi pod unless you have the touch of a gorilla . I have 243's 308's and 270's on the shelf in wood and synthetic . I might even put an add in the classifieds on SD . But they are going Quick. Respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Hi Mike, thanks for your post - it's good to have an expert confirm my first, very positive, impressions of the B14 and to know that they're readily available.

What's the current situation with DM options?

I had a closer look at them at the IWA, I would love to get my hands on one.
edi

The B14 is not good value...... its great value. As always we set up EVERY rifle that comes through the workshop/ tune the triggers. correctly fit and lap in the scope mounts and rings . make sure the bores are spotless before they go out the door. The guys that have bought them so far are delighted. There are no issues with the synthetic stocks with a bi pod unless you have the touch of a gorilla . I have 243's 308's and 270's on the shelf in wood and synthetic . I might even put an add in the classifieds on SD . But they are going Quick. Respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Hi Mike, thanks for this. Do you have any in 6.5 x 55 (or can you get?)

thanks

ES

Last edited:
good morning ES, yes I have 1 x 6.5 x 5 in synthetic on the shelf, ready to go . If you are interested give me a call on 01948 841021 yours respectfully Mike Norris.

Hi Mike, thanks for your post - it's good to have an expert confirm my first, very positive, impressions of the B14 and to know that they're readily available.

What's the current situation with DM options?
The DM options are being worked on at the moment , as soon as they are available we will have them on the shelf for retro fit.

The DM options are being worked on at the moment , as soon as they are available we will have them on the shelf for retro fit.

Are they close enough to the fit of a 700 that you'd expect to be able fit these on a BDL? Obviously they aren't available yet, but could be useful. Thanks. Guy

I had a look over one recently and I agree, they are very nice, smooth bolt, well finished and fitted with a nice trigger too.

was I in the market for a new factory rifle, this is without a doubt where I would be looking.

Well, it was for my brother, he's bought one and I pick it up for him on Saturday!

Very good service from Brock and Norris.

Will report back when it's been run in.

ES

It's turned up. Very nice. Very very nice. Will break it in next weekend but balance smoothness and trigger pull all excellent. Highly recommend so far!

It's turned up. Very nice. Very very nice. Will break it in next weekend but balance smoothness and trigger pull all excellent. Highly recommend so far!

Hi Essexsussex. How is the Bergara performing? Has it maintained it's initial appeal?

Hi Tremo,

I picked up A B14 in .300wm in walnut 2 days before Xmas but have only just put a V8 and ase ultra mod with a Harris bipod on it i must say the rifle is very well made have still only put a few rounds down it so still running it in called down the farm on Monday to do a little practice and was able to take a crow at 219m using a range finder to measure distance using 180g super hammerhead nead a bit more running in yet but an accurate rifle for a great price i would recommend them :lol:

hope this helps

Paul D

Hi Tremo,

I picked up A B14 in .300wm in walnut 2 days before Xmas but have only just put a V8 and ase ultra mod with a Harris bipod on it i must say the rifle is very well made have still only put a few rounds down it so still running it in called down the farm on Monday to do a little practice and was able to take a crow at 219m using a range finder to measure distance using 180g super hammerhead nead a bit more running in yet but an accurate rifle for a great price i would recommend them :lol:

hope this helps

Paul D

nice one Paul.

i have it in .243 and found the rifle to be a cracking bit of kit, puts the standard Remington to shame. great trigger nice build quality smooth bolt and it shoots better than me,

hope you enjoy it bud and grass a few with it,

regards

bob.

Thanks Bob,

Hope to get it tweaked in the next couple of outings and see what it and the V8 can do on steel and paper first at longer ranges you still in Tidworth is the cafe still on station road been a long time since i been there was stationed in Lucknow Barracks back in the 70's had some good times there mate

ATB Paul D

Can anyone add to the very positive experiences related thus far of this rifle?

On the face of it, looks like an excellent product at a very affordable price. Only a shame there doesn't appear to be a stainless version available, from what I can see.

Ive just received mine in 30-06. i wanted the hunter model but the wait time was too close to moving to NZ to risk it so got the shorter... same action just black monte carlo stock, i can always buy the stock i wanted after.

I haven't shot it yet but in the hand feels very solid with a glass smooth action. Barrel profile is very nice with a slightly heavier than normal sporting barrel.

on the stainless front i would rather go down the Cerakote route as that will last so much longer than stainless. and for around £100 for full barrel / action spray would probably come in cheaper than a stainless option if it existed and would look the same if it was the matt stainless option.

Back