Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After Cecil, here's Oki

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

After Cecil, here's Oki

Petition to stop council shooting deer signed 120,000 times - Telegraph

Anthropomorphism, shoddy journalism and general ignorance about deer seem to have given way to the all-powerful "Internet petition".

Now this is somewhere where a spokesperson for the British Deer Society could help educate and illuminate.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I despair about the standard of the field sports-related articles I've read in the Telegraph over the last few years.

Bet the "Sniper" won't be using a Blaser!

‎The BDS should respond with a view to better informing but experience tells me those who've signed the petition will be totally indifferent to being appraised that Roe do not "herd" and ‎to dart Oki will ensure the rest of her life is spent in an enclosure with a tag through the ear.

Shoot her and give the best venison cuts to those allotment owners who've sustained the greatest losses.

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 21-08-2015 at 05:45.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

The people from NZ voted not to shoot her, poison would be OK though.

"Killing this deer could set a dangerous precedent for future policy in regard to shooting rather than saving deer."

This sounds alot like no deer has ever been shot!

I despair at the lack of knowledge, understanding and standard of journalism!
    If a wolf can take down a deer from either flank, does that make him bambidextrous?

Quote Originally Posted by libensvolenspotens View Post
    I despair at the lack of knowledge, understanding and standard of journalism!
    ....and the apparent lack of desire on their part to even try to become better informed!

I like the line "Wokingham council need to think of other ways to resolve this issue, such as improving fences around the *allotment*s. Killing a deer because she has been eating a few runner beans is not acceptable!

Cheers
    Richard

To be fair, better fencing around the allotments should be a no-brainer.

Coincidentally the allotments in our village were targeted by thieves last weekend and 14 sheds were broken into, including ours. Having lost numerous mowers, strimmers, rotovators, etc we were pleasantly surprised when the local police turned up, took all the details, and then arrested someone during the week for the burglaries

In hindsight, of course, our allotment association is now considering better security I am not sure 8 foot fencing and razor wire will be approved, but it would certainly keep out the roe and muntjac

And in other news, hundreds of North African men, women and children continue to drown every day as they attempt the perilous Mediteranean crossing - forced from their homes and countries in fear of their life after years of continued government destabilisation by the West.

For the 38 year old lady who started this petition - it never ceases to amaze ME people's lack of compassion for other people - jeez get a grip
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT