Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talking Stalking Evening’ Symonds Yat

Talking Stalking Evening’ Symonds Yat

I don't know how many of you guys have seen this event advertised at Symonds Yat on Wednesday 16th September.
    http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/uploads/records/files/160-1.pdf

Last edited by 8x57; 21-08-2015 at 15:15.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hi Mike.
    Cant get the link to work mate.
    Cheers Jon

BASC in partnership with the Deer Initiative and BDS hosting ‘Talking Stalking Evening’
    The Old Court Hotel, Symonds Yat, Whitchurch, Ross on Wye, HR9 6DA
    Wednesday 16 September 7.15pm
    BASC is delighted to confirm a second ‘Talking Stalking Evening’. The event has been organised in partnership with the Deer Initiative and BDS (British Deer Society).
    Cost for this evening is £6.00 per head and will include a venison burger. This event is aimed at anyone interested in stalking, including novices.
    Attendees will have ample opportunity to chat with and question the guest speakers on all aspects of deer stalking. David Jam from Natural Resources Wales (NRW) will talk about the difference between deer management and deer stalking. Patrick Faulkner, deer manager advisor for the DI, will cover the calibre suitability for quarry. A local vet will explain about different deer diseases and Graham Riminton, from the Deer Initiative, will talk about wild boar in the Forest of Dean. Richard Hayden and Sam Walker will be there to present on the BASC Deer Stalking Schemes. The speakers will form a panel for an open QA session at the end of the evening.
    For more information, or to book, please contact Pauline Goring at the Deer Initiative pauline.goring@thedeerinitiative.co.uk, 01691 770 888

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    That's my birthday...will the Mrs let me spend my birthday talking about stalking?

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    BASC in partnership with the Deer Initiative and BDS hosting ‘Talking Stalking Evening’
    The Old Court Hotel, Symonds Yat, Whitchurch, Ross on Wye, HR9 6DA
    Wednesday 16 September 7.15pm
    BASC is delighted to confirm a second ‘Talking Stalking Evening’. The event has been organised in partnership with the Deer Initiative and BDS (British Deer Society).
    Cost for this evening is £6.00 per head and will include a venison burger. This event is aimed at anyone interested in stalking, including novices.
    Attendees will have ample opportunity to chat with and question the guest speakers on all aspects of deer stalking. David Jam from Natural Resources Wales (NRW) will talk about the difference between deer management and deer stalking. Patrick Faulkner, deer manager advisor for the DI, will cover the calibre suitability for quarry. A local vet will explain about different deer diseases and Graham Riminton, from the Deer Initiative, will talk about wild boar in the Forest of Dean. Richard Hayden and Sam Walker will be there to present on the BASC Deer Stalking Schemes. The speakers will form a panel for an open QA session at the end of the evening.
    For more information, or to book, please contact Pauline Goring at the Deer Initiative pauline.goring@thedeerinitiative.co.uk, 01691 770 888
    Can/t get the link to work - should it be a .org address ?

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    That's my birthday...will the Mrs let me spend my birthday talking about stalking?
    Yes, but you have to make it seem like she's getting her own way. Say
    "I want to go to Scotland and shoot a huge red stag on my birthday"
    Then when she says no, ask her if she minds if you go to this instead
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by thorneyglatt View Post
    Can/t get the link to work - should it be a .org address ?
    No its the correct address but for some reason Windows 10 doesn't allow me to copy links the same as the old system. If you look at the deer initiative website it will give you all the details. www.thedeeriniative.co.uk

Joe what has birthdays got to do with it? You are far too old to celebrate birthdays now, they stop when you are 11 years old and can wear long trousers and go to big school. Or is it that you still like jelly and monge.

Last edited by 8x57; 23-08-2015 at 08:09.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    No its the correct address but for some reason Windows 10 doesn't allow me to copy links the same as the old system. If you look at the deer initiative website it will give you all the details. www.thedeeriniative.co.uk

Joe what has birthdays got to do with it? You are far too old to celebrate birthdays now, they stop when you are 11 years old and can wear long trousers and go to big school. Or is it that you still like jelly and monge.

I have to put up with these sort of comments from my wife. My birthday is still a very special occasion for me,it is just about the only day where I am actually allowed to do something of my choice.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Mike, I think I'll go along. (I have been given permission) would you like me to bring some jelly left over from my party?

You had better bring along a few gallons of jelly Joe as it looks like there may be a good turnout judging from the guys who I have already spoken to who are interested.

Do you know if we have to book in advance or not? And is the jelly extra?
    Regards K