Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One eyed doe

One eyed doe

I took this photo through the lounge window.

She had 2 fawns with her, but as you can see she is blind in the right eyeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	One eyed doe.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	524.5 KB 
ID:	60358

Still in good condition though.

I have one on a rabbiting permission, she started with an eye infection which eventually caused the eyeball to rupture. She now has a healed over eye and lives quite happily.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

There's a buck on a golf course where I do the bunnies who had his eye gouged during the rut 3 yearss ago. Got horribly infected and looked awful - was certain he was on his way out. But he's still there, in extremely good condition with a huge head. Just an empty socket where they eye was.

Do any of the vets on the site know if deer can get New Forest Eye
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

solwaystalker..as you know new forest is highly contagious in cattle..however in this case its probably from a foreign body such as blackthorn or hawthorn...we get 'silage eye' in our dairy cows caused by...yes you guessed it...silage getting in the eye at feeding...

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Do any of the vets on the site know if deer can get New Forest Eye

yes they can

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I've got one on my permission with 3 legs - runs just as quick as the 4 legged ones!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adymorris View Post
    I've got one on my permission with 3 legs - runs just as quick as the 4 legged ones!!
    But in circles?

Quote Originally Posted by Adymorris View Post
    Runs really fast but falls over when it stops?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.