Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider from Hell

Spider from Hell

What is it and will there be any bigger this is number two and at 3.5 inch is the smaller of the two the other was around four in. Do I use the 6.5 or the .223 and risk a runner.

Just grab it by the head and eat it! Chew it well though or the legs stick in your throat and make you choke, and chew it fast before it bites back!
    Watch how dogs do it and copy them. Great party trick!
    Good source of protein!
    MS

I found this to be a tasty way of serving them.
    In a deep saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat the oil to 350F.

With a sharp knife, sever and discard the abdomens from the two tarantulas. Singe off any of the spider's body hairs with a crme brle torch or butane cigarette lighter.
    Dip each spider into the tempura batter to thoroughly coat. Use a slotted spoon or your hands to make sure each spider is spread-eagled (so to speak) and not clumped together before dropping it into the hot oil.
    Deep-fry the spiders, one at a time, until the batter is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Remove each spider from the oil and place it on paper towels to drain.
    Use a sharp knife to cut each spider in two lengthwise. Sprinkle with the paprika and serve. Encourage your guests to try the legs first and, if still hungry, to nibble on the meat-filled mesothorax, avoiding the spider's paired fangs, which are tucked away in the head region.

Looks like a common house spider, pretty harmless unless you trip over it and injure yourself. We get them regularly and it's entertaining watching the dog try to catch them as they run across the living room.
    Wingy

unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Looks like a common house spider, pretty harmless unless you trip over it and injure yourself. We get them regularly and it's entertaining watching the dog try to catch them as they run across the living room.
    Wingy
    Ah, yes. Spider coursing season is one of the highlights of my sporting year!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

That's the baby, don't kill it cos mummy won't be chuffed and they eat the males!?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    We get them regularly and it's entertaining watching the dog try to catch them as they run across the living room.
    Wingy
    And to quote from from SimpleSimon - "Ah, yes. Spider coursing season is one of the highlights of my sporting year"!

Steady on there lads! If you're not careful you'll have LACS starting an "Stop spider coursing with dogs" petition!
    And you know how effective these e-petitions can be! (http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...cil-here-s-Oki)
    Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 22-08-2015 at 07:40.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    And to quote from from SimpleSimon - "Ah, yes. Spider coursing season is one of the highlights of my sporting year"!

Steady on there lads! If you're not careful you'll have LACS starting an "Stop spider coursing with dogs" petition!
    And you know how effective these e-petitions can be! (http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...cil-here-s-Oki)
    Would it remain legal to use a dog to flush spiders to a waiting team with rolled up newspapers?
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

You'll need SSC1 and your trained spider tracking dog to hand if injured you don't want a wounded spider running loose around your house