Thread: Finn Aagaard

Finn Aagaard

Just following on from the thread about Ruark, has anyone read any Finn Aagaard? I can thoroughly recomend him. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finn-Aagaard...2058203&sr=8-1

Matt

Hi Matt

I have just ordered "AAGAARDS AFRICAN ADVENTURES" but have not read any of his other works. It sounds a good read and I know he was a well respected hunter in the late sixties and seventies.

Steve.

Hi Steve
    I only have his collected works book as per the previous link but I had read about him before from Jeff Cooper's writings. One of the most knowledgable and honest hunting/rifleman I have read. Cuts through an awful lot of bull, your book should be a treat.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt458 View Post
    Hi Steve
    I only have his collected works book as per the previous link but I had read about him before from Jeff Cooper's writings. One of the most knowledgable and honest hunting/rifleman I have read. Cuts through an awful lot of bull, your book should be a treat.
    Matt
    Can't stand Jeff Cooper, I'm afraid, but Finn Aagaard was one my favourite writers ever to grace any US shooting publications' pages.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

"AFRICAN ADVENTURES" arrived today. I have to first finish Brian Hearns "White Hunters, The golden age of African Safaris" This is a must read if you enjoy the history of the greats.

Steve.