Blog Entries

why England won't win the RWC

Discuss.....

One word....they can't find a hooker who can throw in at the lineout

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Discuss.....

One word....they can't find a hooker who can throw in at the lineout
    France are better!

This is supposed to be close to our first team too. We are in trouble.

their in the wrong hemisphere

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Because if your forwards can't deliver a platform your backs will never have the chance to get into the game.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Because if your forwards can't deliver a platform your backs will never have the chance to get into the game.
    Most frustrating. The forwards for much of the match just didn't perform. At scrum time they were giving away penalties. They couldn't throw for toffee at lineout time (Youngs is a good player otherwise, but he should have leant how to throw in by now) and as a consequence when the backs did get any possession, it was going backwards with blue shirts streaming through. But it is one game only....

Well, it is an old saying but still pretty true, the forwards decide who win the match, the backs only affect by how much!

David.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Well I was thoroughly annoyed with the performance yesterday. Dan Cole did what he does regularly give away penalties at the break down, however if our backrow would get there first he wouldn't have to do that job.

We are missing a top proper 7 and 8 and 2.

I like Robshaw and think he is an honest hard working flanker but more a 6 than a 7. I thought haskell was our best back row again despite not liking him as a human being! Vunipola was missing from the game and thoroughly outplayed by his opposite number.

Burrel didn't do himself any favours.

I thought England were better with Cipriani on the field and Care. IMO Cips should be included in the final 31. He offers something no one else does and that's real attacking vision and flair at 10. I wouldn't start him, but he is a great option to have on the bench.

I agree Cipriani and Care were the only backs to do well. But that happened when, eventually the forwards started to do better. I felt sorry for the likes of Burrell who didn't get any ball to speak of. Jonathan Joseph suffered the same until the last 10 minutes.

The short answer is that England have to do what they have always done best historically and that is to have a powerful pack that can get good quality ball. Then the obviously talented backs they have available can shine.

Agreed. But I think cipriani needs to have more than twenty minutes or whatever it was to show what he can do and where he can be placed within the side, a full half at least.