Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads

Heads

What do you guys use for boiling out your heads. And where do you get them from.

Sorry can't help Finnish. I never boil my head and I was born with mine attached....

I use an old Birco boiler that I lifted from work when it was replaced with a newer one. Wouldnt be big enough for massive reds though

Burco boiler is ideal but are a bit expensive, bushwear were selling them last year,don't have them in this years catalogue so don't
    know if they can still get them.

Cheaper alternative, which I use, is an old tea urn will take 1 red or 4 roe at a time.

I've got a good variety of pots and pans from car boot sales. I use a cut down 45 gallon drum for big red stags. JC

try an old deep fat fryer. remove the lid, then you have the perfect thing for roe and muntjac heads. I got mine for 1.50 from the local car boot sale.

An old aluminium cooking pot from the Army surplus. Used to use Mrs Mole's jam saucepan, but she caught me

I use water to boil out my heads. Comes out tap in t'corner.

I use a large stainless steel pot that i got from nickel + dime and boil it on a gas ring which you can get on e-bay, add some washing soda crystals which i get from a local hardware shop.
    Attachment 881
    Last edited by daverl; 24-04-2010 at 19:07. Reason: added a photo.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    An old aluminium cooking pot from the Army surplus. Used to use Mrs Mole's jam saucepan, but she caught me
    I bet that went down with the Mrs like a lead fart, I know when I used the wifes pressure cooker on some roe heads she went ape s**t, its amazing how often she reminds me of the incident as well