Heads

I use an old Birco boiler that I lifted from work when it was replaced with a newer one. Wouldnt be big enough for massive reds though

Burco boiler is ideal but are a bit expensive, bushwear were selling them last year,don't have them in this years catalogue so don't
know if they can still get them.

Cheaper alternative, which I use, is an old tea urn will take 1 red or 4 roe at a time.

I've got a good variety of pots and pans from car boot sales. I use a cut down 45 gallon drum for big red stags. JC

try an old deep fat fryer. remove the lid, then you have the perfect thing for roe and muntjac heads. I got mine for £1.50 from the local car boot sale.

An old aluminium cooking pot from the Army surplus. Used to use Mrs Mole's jam saucepan, but she caught me :oops:

I use a large stainless steel pot that i got from nickel + dime and boil it on a gas ring which you can get on e-bay, add some washing soda crystals which i get from a local hardware shop.
View attachment 881

Last edited:
An old aluminium cooking pot from the Army surplus. Used to use Mrs Mole's jam saucepan, but she caught me :oops:
I bet that went down with the Mrs like a lead fart, I know when I used the wifes pressure cooker on some roe heads she went ape s**t, its amazing how often she reminds me of the incident as well:)

I have an old Jam pan, I use it on a camping stove outside, after being caught in the kitchen once.

somewhere I read about putting the head in a bucket with a lid after the flies had done their stuff, and leaving it a month for the maggots to do the cleaning.

Burco Boiler from car boot £10 its more than big enough for all Deer including BIG RED'S think it a canteen one i do know that they come in differant size's, perhaps try ebay?

Back