Thread: Anschutz 1450

Anschutz 1450

Hi has anyone got 1 of these? It is the model my dad has and I would like 1. His is a tac driver and he has put thousands of rounds through it.

I'm also after people's opinions on these.
    Regards dan

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Hi has anyone got 1 of these? It is the model my dad has and I would like 1. His is a tac driver and he has put thousands of rounds through it.

I'm also after people's opinions on these.
    Regards dan
    What does anyone's opinion matter?? You obviously like your Dad's, you want one, they drive tacks, and are durable. That pretty much says it all. ~Muir

I had one and didn't like it.
    I thought it was cheap and nasty feeling, and nothing like the quality of other Anschutz rifles I've owned. The trigger had lots of creep, and I never got satisfactory accuracy. It was such a shame as I really wanted to like it but could find no redeeming qualities.

Just been out with my dad's. 60 yard group 5 size.
    My 452 50p group. Both with Winchester subs.

That's nice grouping! Mine wouldn't shoot anywhere near as well as that even with match ammo. Perhaps I had a duff one?

I have one that has been shortened to 13" and recrowned by a decent gunsmith, I'm still playing with it ammo wise but CCI subs with do a 20 p group at 50 yards off of sticks. My plan is to make a stock for it that will float the barrel to float an allow me to fit a reflex mod, keeping the length down as its a truck gun.

If we ever get gallery rifle sorted with the club Guesty you can give it a go and see how it compares to yours, only real complaint with mine is the magazine housing castelated nut keeps working loose which means the feed ramp (no idea if that's the right name but there you are) rides up and the bolt won't close, I must get some loctite or similar on it as its very frustrating.