Thread: Beaters needed, also chance for a fit lad to stay with keeper throughout season

Beaters needed, also chance for a fit lad to stay with keeper throughout season

We are based in mid Wales near Oswestry, we are looking for new beaters to join our team, with or without dogs. We are a good shoot, good atmosphere in beating team. Please pm for more details.

Also offering the chance for a fit person, preferably with a spaniel or two, to stay with the head keeper, throughout the season, beating on his shoot twice a week and then on two shoots of the same boss the rest of the week. Pay will be for each day you go beating. So potentially 6 days at 30 a week. This would suit a lad struggling to get into keepering as a career, or somebody thinking of a career change.
    as said accommodation with head keeper, no rent to pay just help with beating, feeding,dogging in, beating money will be yours for beer tokens.

if you know of any lads, family members etc then please pm me

Do you actually mean 30 a week for 6 days beating a week or is it a typo?

SD Regular
    That's six days at thirty quid a week...preferably with your own dog...as in five pounds for a day's beating? Or is it thirty pounds for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
    Do you actually mean 30 a week for 6 days beating a week?
    No, I don't think he does.

30 a week, is it a joke????

Sorry for confusion.
    6 days at 30 a day, 180 a week. Dog food and kennels provided free. Any body interested will live with me and head keeper, no rent or payment towards food. As said your money will just be beer tokens,

Quote Originally Posted by izzy View Post
    Sorry for confusion.
    6 days at 30 a day, 180 a week. Dog food and kennels provided free. Any body interested will live with me and head keeper, no rent or payment towards food. As said your money will just be beer tokens,
    That's a great offer for a young lad to pick up some experience.
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Great offer for a fit lad and a very fit dog the dog will need free food and lots of it
    nothing like this came along when I was 16
    well done
    norma

I am a fit lad (64) with two 9 year old border terrorists.
    Will we do ?
    I think not but a great offer for someone a bit younger.
    Good luck to who ever gets it

That's a serious offer and if I had a controlled dog And no ties, I would take it.
    great offer