Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz452 22lr group size at 60 yards

Cz452 22lr group size at 60 yards

Hi guys I just wondered what size group I should get at 60 yards with Winchester subs? I had problems with accuracy but managed 8 shots through a 2p Size hole today.

mine will do same or better with eley subs, mine will clover at 60 with them .

It was very windy and I didn't feel very steady. It use to group nearly the size of a dinner plate. I may get it better if it's calm and I'm on a bench.

good on you I would have cut it up by now 12" GROUP sure your not using shot shells ??/

Winchester seem to be the least consistent in my 452. Best so far are RWS which I use most of the time, then Fiocci. My grouping is at least consistent, if not brilliant... I am aiming to try some Eleys after good reports.

I have some rws. What do they kill like?

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    I have some rws. What do they kill like?

RWS HP subs are good on rabbits, etc, with good expansion and good accuracy in my rifle (Anschutz 1417). You might be interested in this review.

2p sized groups at 60 yards in windy conditions from a non-steady position sounds reasonable, so I'd expect it to be under half inch groups centre-to-centre on a calm day from a bipod or bench/sandbags. You say it used to shoot dinner-plate sized groups. That seems very loose, so what have you done to improve it so far, or is it that your shooting has improved?

quick ammo test at about 45-50yds off the car roof with a rifle sleeve rolled up
    with bipod (heaven forbid!) and bags I would expect the groups to be smaller at 60yds with decent ammo

I had it re crowned and re thread. I'm sure that it will get better with a steady rest and less wind.

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    I had it re crowned and re thread. I'm sure that it will get better with a steady rest and less wind.
    Danban what was the original length of barrel and what length is it now?
    I've got the Cz .22lr American in 16" and out of all my friends that have Czs i am lucky to have one of the best out of the 6 of us, mines has posted virtually 1/2" at 55 yards as that's about the farthest that we use due to Safety issues, windage at times and across fields, i use winchester subbies and the results i get are brilliant, when i first started with .22lr i tried loads of different manufacturers with subbies and non sub but the winchester still came up trumps.