Thread: Another butterflied haunch recipe

Another butterflied haunch recipe

Hi All I thought I would post this given that people were trying this type of thing.
    Its a bit of messing, but well worth it.something Ive been doing some 20 years and never tire of.

Butterfly a Roe haunch and salt it all over 1 tablespoon salt and squeeze the juice of a lemon all over it and leave it at room temp for an hour.
    Wash the haunch and dry well.
    Next mix the following in a blender until smooth[like mayo], 250 ml natural yoghurt, 100 ml virgin olive oil, 100ml mint sauce, 1 heaped tsp black pepper, 1 heaped tsp mild currypowder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, bunch of fresh origano and basil or equiv and 2 cloves of good strong flavoured garlic.
    Now simply smother the venison with the mix and put it in a poly bag and leave in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
    Barbaque it in a covered grill [or a red hot oven] and eat with flat bread etc.

You can use fallow but leave it at least 3 hours in salt and lemon and 48 hours in the gloop.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by levigsp View Post
    Hi All I thought I would post this given that people were trying this type of thing.
    Its a bit of messing, but well worth it.something Ive been doing some 20 years and never tire of.

Butterfly a Roe haunch and salt it all over 1 tablespoon salt and squeeze the juice of a lemon all over it and leave it at room temp for an hour.
    Wash the haunch and dry well.
    Next mix the following in a blender until smooth[like mayo], 250 ml natural yoghurt, 100 ml virgin olive oil, 100ml mint sauce, 1 heaped tsp black pepper, 1 heaped tsp mild currypowder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, bunch of fresh origano and basil or equiv and 2 cloves of good strong flavoured garlic.
    Now simply smother the venison with the mix and put it in a poly bag and leave in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
    Barbaque it in a covered grill [or a red hot oven] and eat with flat bread etc.

You can use fallow but leave it at least 3 hours in salt and lemon and 48 hours in the gloop.
    Enjoy.
    like the sound of that, but how long to bbq ?? Serve pinky?

Cook as long as you like, your pref, I take it to just pink.