Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer and E-Cigs

Deer and E-Cigs

Alright bear with me on this one,

most deer attractants for sale seem to contain molasses and aniseed (or at least a lot of the paste type ones do) and usually get quite good reviews on attracting deer. Now a guy at work was smoking/vaping on his e-cig today and it was a caramel and aniseed blend which smelt pretty good to me which got me thinking, would deer also find the smell pleasant and possibly be attracted to it?

has anyone on here who uses an e-cig found any deer (or any other animals for that matter) come and check out the source of the smell as it drifts off down wind? I would assume most stalkers aren't actively puffing away while stalking but maybe while walking the dog or just being out and about in a deer rich environment. Would the smell be too unfamiliar and cause a feeling of danger or would the sweet smells attract them much in the same way the manufactured deer attractants do?

Do you not think if you were stood there puffing on an E cig . The deer may also smell you ? Or is your intention to hang an E cig in a tree close to a high seat your sitting in ?

Chill

I don't know which is why I asked, maybe the smell would be so strong or pleasant for them it's overcome their curiosity so they'd come and see? Like I said I don't know which is why I asked and to see if anyone who uses one had experienced anything odd.

I always thought the roe bark was a sign of danger! It must be a smokers cough instead!

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    I always thought the roe bark was a sign of danger! It must be a smokers cough instead!
    Lol
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Give it a try NH who knows what goes on in a deers head for sure, they are rather pungent so who knows, and if it does work you'll have the last laugh
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

The deer on my grounds prefer GOLDEN VIRGINIA

I wonder if urban deer are attracted to the smell of methadone.

Regards Kev
    Last edited by kev.rem700; 25-08-2015 at 17:30.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

I think the aroma of my trollies would overpower an e-cig,,,besides i think most on here would be covered in the rather attractive Eu De La Werthers!!!!
    DONT START

Isn't there already out there a wind direction detector piece of kit based on this technology?

I guess you could use an e-cigarette for just this purpose, namely keeping the wind in your face rather than allowing the combined odour of e-cig and stalker to tickle the nostrils of Mr. & Mrs. Roe.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.