Thread: Browning .17hmr t bolt trigger

Browning .17hmr t bolt trigger

Hi does anyone know if there's is a way to adjust the trigger on the above rifle other than the adjustment screw as I still find it to heavy when as light as it will go? Iv heard people mention taking coils off of the spring? Is this a tricky job or am I best getting a gun smith to do it? Many thanks

Unless your a clever sod get a gunsmith to do it.
    or sell it and buy a cz.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Unless your a clever sod get a gunsmith to do it.
    or sell it and buy a cz.
    That may be the cheaper option. The T-Bolts are reputed to have awful triggers that are a real nuisance to make decent.~Muir

There was someone on here who did it. I think he was an Aussie. I was chatting with him about it.
    I think he took one of the coils off.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

There was someone on here who did it. I think he was an Aussie. I was chatting with him about it.
    I think he took one of the coils off.
    Well yes. That is what most on the Internet consider a 'trigger job' but what that really does in most instances is to decrease the sear engagement pressure. The results are a trigger in which the safety has been somewhat diminished and now has a 'creepy' (tho lighter) release. I have repaired many such bits of engineering. ~Muir

I sorted my tbolt issue by blowing it up. Hmr lol. Replaced it with the cz.
    i hated the trigger on the t bolt. I hated the fact that you could eject a round out of the chamber with the safety on and I thought the attitude of the winker on the browning stand was cack. Not that I am a bitter and twisted man who wants to go off topic.

I sorted my tbolt issue by blowing it up. Hmr lol. Replaced it with the cz.
    i hated the trigger on the t bolt. I hated the fact that you could eject a round out of the chamber with the safety on and I thought the attitude of the winker on the browning stand was cack. Not that I am a bitter and twisted man who wants to go off topic.
    Yeah. The reality of owning the Browning is putting up with a crap trigger and constantly checking the bolt to see if you've lost your chambered round with the safety on. A pretty and neat little rifle. I got rid of mine and much happier with my CZ 455.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake

or sell it and buy a cz.
    thats what I did, f*cked off the ammo fussy 17HMR T-bolt for a 22LR CZ455. I can't see why people get such a hard on for 17HMR I wasn't impressed

Thanks all I tried the local gun smith and they wouldn't touch it, looks like il have to put up with it!