Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC application sent off

FAC application sent off

Right, after getting all the bits and pieces together my FAC application is finally ready to post in the morning. It's off to Police Scotland (former Lothian & Borders Division).

Just wondering if its worth running a sweep stake on how long this will take - Judging by recent comments I don't expect to be in possession of my FAC this side of Christmas!

Good luck with your application. Can't be any worse than Lincolnshire police. I sent my fac in for a simple change of conditions in March. A following letter sent in May and after many phone calls I still haven't received it! My renewal was last November and I was advised to send the fac in July! I did receive the renewal in time but only a few days before expiry.

Police scotland have been pretty good lately with variations and renewals, so hopefully your aplication should not take that long
    personally I would hand it in rather than posting it that way you ask for the feo and get him / her to check your form so any mess ups can be sorted straight away, its like a mini interview and you get to meet the person dealing with it
    Cheers
    Ray
    Last edited by Ray7756; 26-08-2015 at 20:16.

thanks Ray but its an awkward trek into Fettes Ave that I don't have the time to make just now. I will post Recorded Delivery and know the local FEO personally, so have spoken to him before sending,

I here good reports from some Firearms Offices but a lot of horror stories about Edinburgh

Could be worse. The new HQ at french st in glasgow has been a total nightmare. Hope everything goes smoothly for you

Atb.....scott

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    thanks Ray but its an awkward trek into Fettes Ave that I don't have the time to make just now. I will post Recorded Delivery and know the local FEO personally, so have spoken to him before sending,

I here good reports from some Firearms Offices but a lot of horror stories about Edinburgh
    which ever way you do it i wish you luck, what calibres did you apply for ???
    Cheers
    Ray

Never had an issue at Fetties, in fact found them pretty helpful in the past. But I also know people that have had loads of problems. Here's hoping yours all goes smooth.

M

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    Could be worse. The new HQ at french st in glasgow has been a total nightmare. Hope everything goes smoothly for you

Atb.....scott
    YES COULD BE GMP!!Youve got to laugh!atb mate doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    Right, after getting all the bits and pieces together my FAC application is finally ready to post in the morning. It's off to Police Scotland (former Lothian & Borders Division).

Just wondering if its worth running a sweep stake on how long this will take - Judging by recent comments I don't expect to be in possession of my FAC this side of Christmas!
    I put mine in for a variation on Monday, I've decided that I'm going to put aside 250 a month until it comes back for a scope for the new rifle. I'm hoping it'll be quick and I'll make do with a Hawke but I get the feeling it's gonna be a swarovski.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

put in for a .270 and Moderator.

Took me a while to decide on the calibre. Will mostly be after Roe but as we have Sika locally I would like to have the stopping power for these and maybe an odd day at Reds.

Came down to 270 or 308. Plenty ammo available for both but the fact that there seem to be large number of s/h 270's about swung it.