Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long range shooting in Norway

Long range shooting in Norway

An interesting video -shooting rubber ducks at 880 metres.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...-minute-video/

Pah.

Amateurs.

Come round ours of an evening and I'll challenge you to a duel with a squeezy octopus. Rubber ducks at 5 paces...

Good video - nice guys - no bravado, just considered theory and practice...... reminds me a lot of meself
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Interesting, but they don't seem to include elevation issues? They use a laser range to target, but no mention of shooting down a steeper hill at the end which in itself would have sent the shot higher.
    Maybe they just got lucky?
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Interesting, but they don't seem to include elevation issues? They use a laser range to target, but no mention of shooting down a steeper hill at the end which in itself would have sent the shot higher.
    Maybe they just got lucky?
    MS
    Thomas the instructor is an outstanding shot and has developed many excellent techniques that are quick and intuitive, the angle would have most certainly been taken into account using his "fists below horizon" technique.

Also he did say the last shot was the most difficult so I took that to include the fact the angle would affect the calculations quite a lot at that range.

Its a while since I saw this but if memory serves the duck was actually moving on the water. Not sure how he would have taken account of that?

I have followed Thomas Haugland's videos for some years and found his tips very useful. Watch his videos of roe 'stalking' at Eskdalemuir in the borders too, all at: https://www.youtube.com/user/sierra645/videos

Balloons floated down a river the easiest way to practice for running boar/Monteria etc by the way!

In my youth it used to be tin cans, light bulbs or shot gun cartridges in a fast flowing stream with an air rifle. Now its similar but with LR and down the rapids on a big river. Best bit is you can see where the bullet/pellet goes. Not yet tried it with a C/F bit too much of a safety issue.
    In old days always was shooting against a mate so always fast and also had to get it before it went out of range.
    D